Encore: Rhyme or Reason H20/Spice?

need2cruisesoon

I like Spice H20 on Epic.  But with every NCL ship built afterwards, the best features of Spice get eliminated.  I was surprised giving up Spice for Laser Tag but the Bliss Spice is lame IMHO.  Look at the photo.  No tiered seating and real swimming pool like on Epic.  The giant video screen was also removed.  That splash down zone is LAME LAME LAME.  That is something I would expect to see on an older ship.  This is prime real estate.  Have a pool, an outdoor restaurant or don't bother.  Deck chairs can be placed anywhere and I expect Encore to have an adults only area where the Bliss Laser tag is.  

So I welcome the change to Encore.

• Like 1

I agree... The Aft of the ship is prime real estate, some of the best views from the ship.  I actually was never a fan of Spice H20 zone, with a giant TV blocking my views of the sea.   An aft pool, a spa like or island themed bar/restaurant, and plush chairs sounds simple and perfect to me.  Instead they gave this space to laser tag.  I’m sure it will be fun but I can see people playing it once/twice a cruise and being done with it.  Laser tag is great, but maybe put it in an interior space, not prime sunbathing space.  I am afraid that with this addition the pools will be more of a zoo than they already are.  I am a big fan of the getaway class, but as these ships progress I maybe the odd ball out but I dont like the amusement park direction NCL is heading

8 hours ago, TheTides said:

I am a big fan of the getaway class, but as these ships progress I maybe the odd ball out but I dont like the amusement park direction NCL is heading 

Take a look at the upcoming NCL Project Leonardo ships. Many people believe that those ships will have an aft-facing infinity pool. Whether that pool is for Haven, VIBE, Spice H2O, or won't exist at all is unknown.

17 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

Not going to sail this ship, I'll just go back on the Bliss...

To me, Spice felt half-baked on the Bliss - a bit of an afterthought.  Original renderings showed the screen, and there was early hope for a more significant water feature similar to what’s on the Joy.  When I first walked out there, I sensed its days were numbered.

I agree that wasting the prime aft views on Lasertag is a mistake.  However, I suspect there’s more to come with a Spice replacement mid-ship.  I guess I’m still in wait-and-see mode.

• 3 months later...