Travel Insurnace

Terri102066

We've tried several and always found the best price and coverage from tripinsurance dot com --- in addition, last year we had the misfortune to have to test the coverage, Greek air traffic controllers threatened a strike-Amer Air cancelled all flights to Greece so we couldn't get to the ship, we lost the cruise and Carnival (rightfully I feel) kept our money. Within 3 weeks we were sent a check covering the full amount from the insurance.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, chocolate melting cake said:

We've tried several and always found the best price and coverage from tripinsurance dot com --- in addition, last year we had the misfortune to have to test the coverage, Greek air traffic controllers threatened a strike-Amer Air cancelled all flights to Greece so we couldn't get to the ship, we lost the cruise and Carnival (rightfully I feel) kept our money. Within 3 weeks we were sent a check covering the full amount from the insurance.

Best username EVER!

On 12/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, Terri102066 said:

I need some ideas of the best and cheapest travel insurance.  Who has be cheapest that still pays for most issue? 

"Best" and "cheapest" don't usually describe the same item, or insurance policy.

Also, what is best for you (price aside) might not be best for someone else.

You'd need to let us know if you need coverage for medical costs, for trip cancellation, or both, for example, or whether you might have any pre-existing conditions, etc...

GC

• Like 1

I'm going with Geezer on this one.

Cheapest and best rarely go together in any format whether it be food, hotel, airline, insurance, boyfriend/girlfriend.

What works me most likely won't work for you.

What's important to YOU and your travels and what coverage do you most want to insure against.

Examples:

For me, pre-existing conditions coverage is a must and is at the top of my list.

Evac coverage is important. Evac and Medical can ruin most people financially.

Next is my medical coverage. Do I want Primary coverage or Secondary coverage

We have to fly to all of our departure ports. Therefore, Trip Delay is important. I want 4 hours vs. 12 hours

Depending on how much we spent for the entire cruise determines how important Trip Cancellation coverage is to me.

I'd be disappointed to lose $5K but it wouldn't ruin me financially