First 'Silver Box'

Bill B

On Tuesday evening I returned home (Vietnam) from a 10-day, Sapphire Princess SE Asia cruise to find UPS had delivered my very first 'Silver Box' that day. :classic_smile:

I'm saving it to open on Christmas morning... as it will probably be the only thing Santa will bring me. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks... now I don't feel gypped! :classic_wink:

I just spent 2 hrs 'restoring' my computer after it ran out of power - because it was on battery without me knowing - because my landlady unplugged the power supply adapter (220v - 110v) yesterday when she did my weekly apartment servicing. Got everything back and functioning (except the letter I was writing)... sort of - my VPN would not connect - because somehow the computer thought it was two days in the future. I seem to have missed New Years Eve. :classic_rolleyes:

I've calmed down now... and the air is not quite so 'blue'. I can see more 'training' is needed.

I get one name label and cable per silver box, and four (count 'em!) baggage labels. Not very logical.

Altho' as a frequent cruiser who only travels with carry on, I don't use the bag tags at all, and I have a little collection of name labels - they are very durable, once you have one it just stays there. Of course, that doesn't apply when the airlines rip the whole handle off your checked suitcase ... 

8 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Of course, that doesn't apply when the airlines rip the whole handle off your checked suitcase ... 

I just disposed of my two Samsonite cases. The handles and wheels were 'gone' - I was literally dragging them :classic_rolleyes: when I got back from Singapore - and bought two new ones for my upcoming, two-month 'round the world odyssey. We'll see if they 'make it'. :classic_dry:

Remember the old Samsonite TV ad with the gorilla?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZDSniheN0

Edited by Bill B

On December 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM, jollyjones said:

I get one name label and cable per silver box, and four (count 'em!) baggage labels. Not very logical.

Altho' as a frequent cruiser who only travels with carry on, I don't use the bag tags at all, and I have a little collection of name labels - they are very durable, once you have one it just stays there. Of course, that doesn't apply when the airlines rip the whole handle off your checked suitcase ... 

Jolly, 

put the labels with the chocolates!

a collection of sorts.

happy new year,

The Silver coloured cardboard box in which arrive your luggage labels, one luggage name tag per person, and a glossy (IMO complete waste of trees) 'Travel Journal'.

Sent out to your TA, or you if you booked directly with SS, starting 100 days pre-cruise. Or later if you haven't completed the forms on 'My Silversea'.

Edited by jollyjones

The box isn’t so important although you should have received yours by now, what is important is your cruise ticket which you download and print from my Silversea, it’s under documents. 

If you haven’t got the box and the ticket isn’t showing, check you have completed all the information required on my Silversea or ask your TA. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.

Currently showing under my documents is the Guest information form and the Travel journal (86 page pdf)

It does say that tickets will be emailed 6 weeks prior to sailing.

something more to look forward to.

17 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Currently showing under my documents is the Guest information form and the Travel journal (86 page pdf)

It does say that tickets will be emailed 6 weeks prior to sailing.

something more to look forward to.

Eight weeks until sailing, and the same here - only GIF and TJ showing under 'Documents' on My Silversea... except, it doesn't say anything about emailing tickets. Should I be worried?

14 hours ago, Bill B said:

Eight weeks until sailing, and the same here - only GIF and TJ showing under 'Documents' on My Silversea... except, it doesn't say anything about emailing tickets. Should I be worried?

If your ticket doesn't appear on your 'Documents'  50 days pre-cruise, or soon after,  (and you have filled in absolutely everything and you have a green dot on 'Guest Info'), contact your TA or SS, whichever you booked the cruise through.

At 8 weeks, i.e. 56 days, the ticket won't be there.