Gluten free options on HOTS

hoff624

11 minutes ago, hoff624 said:

Are are gluten free options on the Harmony of the Seas? There is a member of my group cruising next week that is concerned. Thanks in advance. 

Yes, there are options.  Contact special_needs@rccl.com a few weeks prior to the cruise and notify them of your dietary requirements.

Yes - on our 3 recent galley tours, each chef was clear to point out how they handle gluten free  in the galley and how the area  is kept free from cross contamination.  I've seen a  gluten free island  in the buffet area  on several ships, and while I know RCCL takes gluten free cross contamination seriously, I would be concerned of cross contamination by passengers. If gluten free  is a medical  issue and not a choice, I would be concerned of taking food from the buffet.  Dining room will be safer

Each evening, your dining staff can provide you with gluten free  options for the next evening.  They seem to be accommodating. 

If your cruise is too close to get service from  special needs, the wait staff/head waiter will be helpful once you are on board.

Good luck and enjoy

M

Yes, the ships now have definitely stepped it up on Gluten Free options.  On the first night of cruise, please let your head waiter know she is gluten free.  Each night she will go over the menu for the next evening and pick out her selections and will have it ready for the following night.  She can also do it for breakfast and lunch with the dining room for the following day.  When in the Windjammer, there is now a special station set up for Gluten Free.  If she does not like the selection of food, she should find one of the chefs, and discuss other options. If they are able to make it for her, they will do it as quickly as possible.