What if the over 25 year old is a no show?

JuliaMS

My son and his girlfriend were offered a cruise that a friend couldn’t take last minute. The friends name will remain on the booking but no show. My son is 22 and his girlfriend 20 (2 months shy of 21) Will they be allowed to board without the 25 year old?

Edited by JuliaMS
Clarify

If a parent or guardian over the age of 25 won’t be present, they will not be allowed to board. There are two exceptions. One is if both guests are over the age of 18 and active military, or over the age of 18 and married to each other. If they don’t meet these exceptions, unfortunately they will be denied boarding. 

• Like 3

Of course carnival says the other party can’t just no show regardless of the ages involved. But I’m not going to risk flying them to NOLA if there is any chance they will be denied. I just wasn’t sure how strict they are

44 minutes ago, Tapi said:

If a parent or guardian over the age of 25 won’t be present, they will not be allowed to board. There are two exceptions. One is if both guests are over the age of 18 and active military, or over the age of 18 and married to each other. If they don’t meet these exceptions, unfortunately they will be denied boarding. 

This is correct.

He is old enough to board.  She however is not.  I would speak to carnival to make sure.   But I don't think they will let her board without a 25 year old guardian.

lol....they could get around that by getting married...lol..then she could board

Edited by Kevin308
fixed

2 hours ago, Kevin308 said:

He is old enough to board.  She however is not.  I would speak to carnival to make sure.   But I don't think they will let her board without a 25 year old guardian.

lol....they could get around that by getting married...lol..then she could board

Or joining the military...EM

1 hour ago, Kevin308 said:

Could someone else over 25 go?  And take the 25 year old on the booking off that can't go

One of the original guests on the booking must remain on the booking.  Adding another 25y/o would make four names on the booking, and chances are the cabin only holds two.  EM

Think about it this way: if it were allowed, don’t you think under 25 year olds would do this on purpose? Meaning, book a room and put, say, the name of one of their parents on the booking even if that parent has no intention of going, just so that they would be allowed on board?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

One of the original guests on the booking must remain on the booking.  Adding another 25y/o would make four names on the booking, and chances are the cabin only holds two.  EM

If the cabin only holds 2 then you couldn't have both of them and the original person in the room.  Since most rooms hold 2 or 4.  So if they were able to get it booked with 3 they likely could add a 4th