On Divina now, any questions?

Becks28

How did boarding go?  I have read previously that it's delayed if the ship was coming back from a stop in Columbia.  Trying to figure out when to get to the port for my cruise in February.   How is the MDR?  Reading some very mixed reviews!  

4 hours ago, Teacher42 said:

Dear Beck, How many CC guests did you encounter at the meet and greet on board the other night?

We actually missed the meet and greet because the time changed and we didn’t realize it 😞

2 hours ago, nw gardener said:

How did boarding go?  I have read previously that it's delayed if the ship was coming back from a stop in Columbia.  Trying to figure out when to get to the port for my cruise in February.   How is the MDR?  Reading some very mixed reviews!  

We got to port at 1:30 and walked right on. It was very smooth and organized. We’ve only eaten at MDR once but it was great. I’ll report back about the rest of the MDR nights!

We missed it too, because we did not sign up. Thought we could get on board, settle in, and go to the concierge and find out IT WAS YESTERDAY. Discovered one great tip for all passengers sailing aboard MSC. You do not have to show up for the mandatory boat drill the  first day with everyone clogging the elevators, trying to get back to their cabins muster station D on deck 7 to deck 16 to try to unpack, shower and get to early dinner at 6. This climbing stairs vs waiting for elevators is for the birds. The secret is MSC called a second mandatory drill the following day for all that missed the first day drill. No lines, no waiting for the elevators. MSC  is quickly becoming our favorite cruise line. Also, the country is spelled Colombia for NW.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, Becks28 said:

We actually missed the meet and greet because the time changed and we didn’t realize it 😞

We missed the meet and greet because either Guest Services never prepared an invitation for us, or our room steward never bothered to deliver it to us.  I never did get a straight answer on that one and we've had other problems with both Guest Services (not following up on issues) and our room steward (either not delivering items to us or giving the wrong things to us such as another cabin's excursion tickets).  We also have had quite a few problems in the dining room.

Things were so bad that I was seriously thinking about debarking mid-cruise and flying home. However, after having discussions with supervisory staff in the various departments, things have improved for us and we are now actually enjoying our cruise.  I'm not sure yet whether I'd sail with MSC again, but if the next 5 days proceed without incident, I'd be willing to give them a second chance.

This is our first MSC cruise aboard the Divina.The only problem we are experiencing is finding our next cabin aboard the Seaside next year. The cabins we want are booked for the coming summer season. "Lady Aster" suggested she would consider a smaller cabin aboard the Seaside , but only if it was in the Yacht Club.

Just now, Teacher42 said:

Dear Jane, Unless you have kids, your picture taking of children could be frowned upon. Better to ask MSC directly.

I didnt ask for photos of kids, but the kids club program, the schedule they give out. And good luck asking MSC anything, they don't know anything.

Dear Jane, All we can tell you is that the small ones are adorable holding hands in file walking down the hallways with three visibly worn out MSC young ladies who I think are thinking twice about having any children of their own. As for us we can not wait for Virgin Voyages to hit the market,  adult only.  We hope this will spread throughout the premium cruise market.

It depends where you eat. I understand from talking to just one person outside the YC it is like Carnival. But the YC is great. We eat all meals in Le Muse. Best musaca I ever had and the ossa bucco I could cut with my fork. Love the pasta. The venchi gelato is available in the restaurant lunch and dinner, with fudge topping. Same breakfast menu every morning , typical. Different lunch and dinner menus. No complaints. Service best we ever had on a cruise ship over 100 cruises and counting. This afternoon we had 3 waiters servicing our table the moment we sat down.One for wine and water, another with breads, the third to present our menu and take our order, all at the same time. Stunning service!

2 hours ago, Teacher42 said:

It depends where you eat. I understand from talking to just one person outside the YC it is like Carnival. But the YC is great. We eat all meals in Le Muse. Best musaca I ever had and the ossa bucco I could cut with my fork. Love the pasta. The venchi gelato is available in the restaurant lunch and dinner, with fudge topping. Same breakfast menu every morning , typical. Different lunch and dinner menus. No complaints. Service best we ever had on a cruise ship over 100 cruises and counting. This afternoon we had 3 waiters servicing our table the moment we sat down.One for wine and water, another with breads, the third to present our menu and take our order, all at the same time. Stunning service!

A guy we speak to on Top 18 Aurea sundeck who is a Carnival cruiser told me the food in the buffet is much better than Carnival and that the food on Carnival is always greasy!

On 12/27/2018 at 3:02 PM, Teacher42 said:

Dear Jane, All we can tell you is that the small ones are adorable holding hands in file walking down the hallways with three visibly worn out MSC young ladies who I think are thinking twice about having any children of their own. As for us we can not wait for Virgin Voyages to hit the market,  adult only.  We hope this will spread throughout the premium cruise market.

You are welcome to Richard the rip off Branson and his cruise ships.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sidari said:

A guy we speak to on Top 18 Aurea sundeck who is a Carnival cruiser told me the food in the buffet is much better than Carnival and that the food on Carnival is always greasy!

That's not the first time I've read that about Carnival's buffet food.