Beverage package on Hawaiian cruise

Unclearnie

The terms and conditions on NCL's site says in part

Hawaii Beverage Package is applicable to Pride of America sailings only.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.

Includes a variety of beverages up to $15 USD retail price. Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates.

Is there a limit on the number of  "Transactions"? or just on the amount covered by the package?

Your question is a bit vague in terms of meaning but...

You can walk up to a bartender with 2 cruise cards and get 4 drinks total (1 transaction per card).  After those drinks are consumed, you can repeat the same transactions.  You can do this for your entire cruise.

The drinks included with the beverage package have a max value of $15 each.  If you want a more expensive drink, you will pay the difference (above $15).

6 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

When did they start allowing drink packages on the Hawaiian cruises? When we did it in 02-2015 we had to pay for everything because they said that Hawaii didn't allow drink packages.

Don't know the exact date but it was sometime post 02-2015....... 

They have started offering it generally in the past month or so. It is very recent.

It was offered as part of all inclusive to Europeans from when that Was introduced, probably around a year ago now. When we were onboard in August we had the package because of all inclusive, but never met anyone else who had it.

18 hours ago, Unclearnie said:

Thanks noobcruiser. 

Was on Carnival last year and I believe that there was a daily maximum a person could get with the drink package.  (not sure, didn't have package on that cruise)

I believe that Carnival had a 15 drink daily limitation - I don't remember how they accounted for the 15 either by

15 drinks being registered to the guests onboard account or punching some card (unlikely).

In any event this is the NCL forum different oranges and apples - drink frequently and often but drink responsibly !

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I believe that Carnival had a 15 drink daily limitation - I don't remember how they accounted for the 15 either by

15 drinks being registered to the guests onboard account or punching some card (unlikely).

In any event this is the NCL forum different oranges and apples - drink frequently and often but drink responsibly !

Carnival has a 15 drink limit from 6 AM to 6AM, once you hit that total, you are shut off until the next day. By using your card, the drink totals are counted. When we sailed Hawaii from Illinois we had a package with air, transfers, 2 nights hotel in Hawaii, cruise, photo package & a dining package. It was a deal to good to pass up, unfortunately they didn't have a drink package at that time.