How to find YC availability?

Suzieanna

Hi everyone 

I have been reading so much about yacht club that I want to give it a go.  Been on MSC website, and a variety of TAs but every single trip I am picking says YC not available?  It doesn’t seem to matter what week/itinerary/type of cabin I pick?  Am I doing something wrong in my searching?  TIA 

I remember having the same problem.

I just went week by week until availability started showing up.  That's how I ended up with a cruise in July in the Caribbean.  :classic_blink:  Normally I wouldn't have booked that time but after that there was nothing available until November.  Good luck.  Yacht Club is very popular.

BTW it was a great cruise in the YC in July.  Hot, but great!

It's getting to the point you have to look at booking a year in advance.  My TA puts out a spreadsheet of dates and prices for available RS, interior and deluxe YC that helps a lot.  She really puts a lot of time into doing this but it seems to pay off for her.  Sometimes I do lots of dummy bookings on the website then let her know what I find to book for me.

It's easy,  go to msc.com and fill in your destination and dates you wish to see and hit enter. The next screen will give you a chance to refine your search. Here you can pick the ships you want to see, the number of days, and the cabin categories (here you would check Yacht Club Deluxe). Hit enter and away you go. I did it for October in the Caribbean and found availability on all the weeks. Except for the 14 day on the Seaside October 5, they were pricey. I guess word is getting out. That's the one we are on.

One other thing, when you look at cabins, the Yacht Club suites are on two decks, deck 16 and deck 18. Deck 16 shows up but if you don't like what's offered just change the deck to 18. This morning there was one on 16 and 5 on 18.

Also you can get perks from a travel agency but not all of them handle MSC cruises. If you do, make sure they are legit.

• Thanks 1

Not all ships of MSC have the Yacht Club.  Ships before the Fantasia class do not:  Armonia class, and Musica class, total of 8 ships.  So it may be that the ships sailing where you want to go do not have Yacht Club and that's why it is not available.  EM

18 hours ago, Suzieanna said:

Hi everyone 

I have been reading so much about yacht club that I want to give it a go.  Been on MSC website, and a variety of TAs but every single trip I am picking says YC not available?  It doesn’t seem to matter what week/itinerary/type of cabin I pick?  Am I doing something wrong in my searching?  TIA 

Hi

We had the same problem, in fact for 1 cruise T/agent tried to swap 2 x balcony for 1 YC but MSC have allocations for each country/region and said no so we had to delay that cruise for a year . Check out the ships with YC under fleet and go from there. We have managed to get 3 x YC cruises for 2019 so hope we like them!!!

Liz