Cabin 1003 (4J) on the Conquest

ZoeyVictoria

We had originally booked an interior for a 6-night cruise on the Conquest, then accepted an upgrade to a 4J for $44 total.  I couldn't locate a lot of information on the cabin before the cruise, and am providing some photos in case others have questions. 

We really enjoyed this cabin and would definitely book it again.  It is located on Deck 10 on the outer starboard corner; it is not designated handicapped but has some features of a handicapped accessible room.  The bathroom was huge, with a walk-in shower that did not leak water onto the floor.  The cabin was large, I believe 220 square feet, with the bed tucked into one corner of the room, close to the window.  There were about 20 people on the "secret" deck for sailaway, then only 4-5 at the most at other times; many times we were alone out there.  I thought the sound of the door to the secret deck would be loud, but it was barely noticeable; the cabin was always very quiet.  Once we kept the cabinet to the cooler open constantly, we found drinks cool enough as is and cancelled our daily ice request.  We were not asked if we wanted morning or evening service, and received both without asking.  The cabin stayed cooler than any other one I have been in, and we actually had to turn the a/c off (normally we keep it on max).  It was impossible to see into the cabin from the secret deck during the day time, but we needed to keep the curtains closed when we had lights on at night for privacy.  The only tiny issue with the cabin was the inoperative clothesline in the shower (we did not ask to have it repaired as we take magnetic hooks to hang bathing suits, etc.), everything else was perfect and we really enjoyed it.  The walk to the room was not bad at all, and the majority of the time the elevators were prompt and not full.

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I'm planning to book 1004 on Carnival Splendour in November, 2020 for a 4 night cruise to Moreton Island out of Sydney. Greatly appreciate the information about the shower-slipping and falling due to water on the floor is my nightmare!

As far as I can tell from photos found on Carnival's website, the entrance to the bathroom is level, which will be easier with my Rollator.

Thank you for the discreet reminder to keep the curtains closed for privacy. I'm looking forward to the end of January when I can make my booking! :classic_biggrin:

We have had those 4J cabins on most of our cruises.  We love having the large deck in front just a few steps away and the price is much less than a balcony cabin.  Great place to watch the ship sailing in and away from the ports!