Anyone that sailed on the Breeze 12/1-12/14 that is not feeling well

wannagonow123

We sailed on the Breeze for B2B sailings 12/1-12/14. As usual, I got the nasty "cruise Crud" as I do anytime I sail more that 10 days. After day 9, started feeling wiped out, coughing and congested. Dayquil & Mucinex is my old stand by relief. Got home, continued to feel terrible, went doctor's office when I got a sore throat. Turns out I got a case of Strep Throat. Well aware you catch all kinds of stuff on cruise ships, I just thought I would warn anyone that thinks they just have cruise crud that is taking a while to clear.

2 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

We sailed on the Breeze for B2B sailings 12/1-12/14. As usual, I got the nasty "cruise Crud" as I do anytime I sail more that 10 days. After day 9, started feeling wiped out, coughing and congested. Dayquil & Mucinex is my old stand by relief. Got home, continued to feel terrible, went doctor's office when I got a sore throat. Turns out I got a case of Strep Throat. Well aware you catch all kinds of stuff on cruise ships, I just thought I would warn anyone that thinks they just have cruise crud that is taking a while to clear.

Or at the airport, on the shuttle, in the taxi, in the bathroom or at The Dollar Store where my sister finished her shift before  seeing the doc.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, wannagonow123 said:

Just about every cruise that I go on has a facebook group...and everyone of them gets a bunch of people saying they got sick from the cruise when they get home.  The posts are ridiculous.

They try to get  a bunch of people together to call Carnival and get some kind of refund or credit by blaming them for getting sick.

Truthfully, you can get sick at any point in your life...You are always around germs.  Your flight, your hotel, your taxi, a gas pump, your phone...etc.. literally every part of your trip also carries tons of germs.

Personally, we have been on 10 cruises (going on the horizon in march for our 11th), none of us ever get sick.   And we are not germaphobes either.

I see all these people wiping anti bacterial stuff on them, using napkins to open bathroom doors, carrying Lysol wipes...they are the ones who get sick because you are depriving your body from building up immunity.   Your body needs to be exposed to germs to learn how to fight them.   I am 51 and can say I cant even remember the last time I had a cold or the flu...probably at least 10 years ago.

• Like 2