Sicily-Rome American Cemetery post-cruise

KJMommy04

I booked a cruise for this June that disembarks in Civitavecchia specifically so we can visit the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery. We will be staying at a hotel by the airport, and it looks like we can take the train from FCO down to Nettuno and walk the remainder. Has anyone done this? Is it actually doable? We have been in Italy before, but have never used the trains, so I am not familiar with how this mode of transportation works. Do I need to book these tickets in advance? Any idea of approximate cost? We are also considering renting a car if taking the train will be too complicated. I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you! 

Start by going to trenitalia.com. Switch the website to English. Put in Fiumicino Aeroporto as your starting point, and Nettuno as your destination. This will show you the schedule (do it for a couple of weeks from now, that will get you started). You will see the schedule and the fares. There are many trains taking you there.

The Regionale trains don't require advance purchase, I believe, but they require ticket validation. There are MANY threads here on Italian train use for more info.

• Thanks 1