Woodwind Bonaire Timing Q

OfTheSeasCruiser

10 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

We are doing the opposite to be able to do the 2 tours in 1 day.  We are snorkeling with Woodwind in the morning and then a tour afterwards.

Thats probably a better idea.  Im a chicken when it comes to warmth and water so I wanted to do an afternoon snorkel tour to ensure it will be super warm so I can enjoy the water, lol. 

11 hours ago, hrmkr said:

We are doing the opposite to be able to do the 2 tours in 1 day.  We are snorkeling with Woodwind in the morning and then a tour afterwards.

Which tour are you doing after your snorkel? I am trying to plan this but none of the tours meet at times that will work with our snorkel! I guess I could change to the 3 hour snorkel, but is that even worth it? 

18 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

Which tour are you doing after your snorkel? I am trying to plan this but none of the tours meet at times that will work with our snorkel! I guess I could change to the 3 hour snorkel, but is that even worth it? 

We are doing Woodwind from 8:30-11:30 and then Bonaire Vista Tours starting at 12:30.  That tour is 3-3.5 hours and only $35 per person. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, TEGL said:

Thats probably a better idea.  Im a chicken when it comes to warmth and water so I wanted to do an afternoon snorkel tour to ensure it will be super warm so I can enjoy the water, lol. 

Woodwind offers shorty wetsuits for those who get cold in the water. My husband is in that category and very much appreciated the loan of one! (I wouldn't think there would be a great difference in water temp from morning to afternoon.)

I’ve done both the morning & afternoon snorkel. I used their “wetsuits” that were provided.  They also offer prescription masks & head protection (I have wild crazy hair so used it-not sure what it’s called but it was great-a cap I guess).  

They are very close to where the ship docks-10 minute walk at most.  The little town of Bonaire is very cute and easily walkable from the ship.  Our son actually  snorkelled right close to the ship too and saw various species-guess he didn’t get enough on the tour, lol!   

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I’ve done both the morning & afternoon snorkel. I used their “wetsuits” that were provided.  They also offer prescription masks & head protection (I have wild crazy hair so used it-not sure what it’s called but it was great-a cap I guess).  

They are very close to where the ship docks-10 minute walk at most.  The little town of Bonaire is very cute and easily walkable from the ship.  Our son actually  snorkelled right close to the ship too and saw various species-guess he didn’t get enough on the tour, lol!   

Did you see a difference in the morning and afternoon snorkels? I always choose morning because I was led to believe the sea life will be more plentiful because they haven't been scared away and the water will be less murky from all the previous snorkelers. Is this totally bogus? 

I have done both morning & afternoon.  In January I did the 3 hour afternoon.  I’m glad because in the morning it was super windy.

In February I did the 4 hour in the morning.  First stop was good while the 2nd stop was quite rough.

Dee is fantastic & her crew very helpful.  They have snacks, drinks & noodle lunch on both the excursions I took.  

I did not notice any sea life difference between morning or afternoon.  

I think Ulf decides on the length of time (3 or 4 hours) maybe depending on how many ships in.

For both the 3 & 4 hour tours I still had lots of time to look around, on foot, in Bonaire.  I did not take another excursion besides with Woodwind that day.    With the 4 hour it just doesn’t feel as hurried but both are great experiences.  

Hope that helps!  I’ve been to Bonaire 3 times and love it.  Enjoy your cruises!   

• Like 1