MSC Change Port From Amsterdam to Rotterdam

janny444

2 hours ago, XLVIII said:

We just got our letter tonight informing us of the change. Interestingly, there was no mention of a complimentary shuttle to Amsterdam (I wonder if this had something to do with us booking through the US site). They did indicate that we could cancel for a full refund, including "possible proven own expenses." We've already paid close to $2000 in airfare alone.

I've asked MSC for clarification on the shuttle and refund of expenses - will pass along what I find out.

Very interesting.  Most cruise lines would not make that offer but would simply fall back on their "cruise contract" which usually gives them the right to alter itineraries at their whim with no rights to the passenger.  The skeptic in me wonders what on earth they mean by "possible proven own expenses."   I would not take a bet that you can get your $2000 in airfare refunded.  While the EU countries might have some consumer protection laws that would cover such circumstances, here in the USA we have little recourse when it comes to itinerary changes.

I wonder if anyone ever counted the number of Caribbean cruise itineraries that were changed because MSC could not get their private island (in the Bahamas) open in time...or even within a year of the scheduled opening date.  We had major changes to our Caribbean cruise partially due to this issue.  No compensation was offered nor did we ever receive any kind of notice.  In fact, I think they changed the itinerary of one of our cruises...several times.   While itinerary changes due to an Act of God or some other unavoidable problem is understandable, the least a cruise line can do is explain to the customers why they are making the change(s).  

54 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

The skeptic in me wonders what on earth they mean by "possible proven own expenses."   I would not take a bet that you can get your $2000 in airfare refunded. 

I agree, and it will be interesting to see what their answer is. 

While we're disappointed that we won't be porting right in Amsterdam, there's no way we're going to cancel this cruise - the deal we got was just too good. I am curious as to whether they will offer any other compensation - even the free shuttle others have been offered.

At the end of the day, MSC has been as negatively impacted by the increase in port fees as any of us. If Amsterdam can unilaterally decide to increase the charge overnight without warning, what's to prevent other ports from doing the same? 

Hi ....adding to my previous comments:

As regards the free ( for all) shuttle back to Amsterdam.  Looking at the Rotterdam cruise ship schedule the Preziosa is due to dock at 14:00...then departs the following morning at 06:00 so according to that by the time you finally manage to get to Amsterdam....queuing....an hour's travel time each way.. you will have very little time in Amsterdam.

And as I stated earlier the " special" reduced price on two excursions is no such thing....at the moment MSC are offering 20% off all the excursions regardless of the change of POC.

It's looking more and more that this cruise isn't for us as Amsterdam was the main POC for us

We did get a reply from MSC this morning. They did say that if we could provide proof of airfare purchase, they would "look into providing a refund" should we choose to cancel (not entirely reassuring). 

They also claim that the complimentary shuttle was only for guests originally embarking in Amsterdam - judging from janny444's post above, that simply is not true - again it may have something to do with where you booked the cruise.

Finally, I guess we're lucky in that we arrive in Rotterdam at 8:00 and don't depart until the following morning at 6:00 - more than enough time to get to Amsterdam for the day. Still, we obviously prefer to port right in Amsterdam.

1 hour ago, XLVIII said:

We did get a reply from MSC this morning. They did say that if we could provide proof of airfare purchase, they would "look into providing a refund" should we choose to cancel (not entirely reassuring). 

They also claim that the complimentary shuttle was only for guests originally embarking in Amsterdam - judging from janny444's post above, that simply is not true - again it may have something to do with where you booked the cruise.

Finally, I guess we're lucky in that we arrive in Rotterdam at 8:00 and don't depart until the following morning at 6:00 - more than enough time to get to Amsterdam for the day. Still, we obviously prefer to port right in Amsterdam.

I am embarking in Rotterdam and have yet to receive any email about being able to cancel or get a free shuttle.  After the incredible deal I got on flights and the cruise itself, there is no way I will cancel for the inconvenience of having to shuttle. We will have a full day before and after the cruise in Amsterdam, so I'm not too upset, especially if we do in fact get a free shuttle. I look at it as an extra port to visit.  Although, I would like to at least get the letter to confirm all of this.  I did notice they are no longer offering Amsterdam or Rotterdam as a starting point for this itinerary. 

On 12/30/2018 at 10:19 AM, janny444 said:

Would like your thoughts please....am I being unreasonable to feel so disappointed?

Hi everybody,

I'm also on one of the cruises effected by the POC-Change and actually I'm pretty angry about it.

I booked the cruise early December and there Amsterdam was still sold as POC before they started their scam and changed it to Rotterdam.

Information given by MSC about the change: zero; even TA didn't know about it until we asked - and she still didn't get any information from MSC... Don't know if they working out some compensation ideas but from what I read so far they seem to be more likely to ignore all complaints.

Here in Austria as well as in Germany we have pretty consumer-friendly laws concerning customer protection, which in recent history led to a number of cases in favor of cruise customers who were victim to unnecessary changes (if there is a serious reason for a change, ok - a few euros definitely don't justify changing a cultural highlight to some far away industrial s...hole) which led to decent refunds on their cruise fares (easily 40-50% of the fare for the days effected). As one of the cruises main departure ports is Hamburg I expect quite a number of German guests who could easily sue MSC for some compensation far beyond of what they would have paid to the city of Amsterdam (not to speak of compensating travel costs  - as already mentioned - for those deciding to take the option to cancel because of the inferior new itinerary). Most likely bookings in other countries will have the same options - it just takes some coordination of action to show MSC that the total ignorance of their customers can easily backfire on them and their attempt to save a few bucks might end in some serious collateral damage.

So if there's anyone here having good ideas on how to take actions to show MSC the possible consequences of their stupid move I'd love to hear them - we might not make them change their mind but it would at least be nice to know that they will really regret it...

32 minutes ago, Lord1983 said:

As one of the cruises main departure ports is Hamburg I expect quite a number of German guests who could easily sue MSC for some compensation far beyond of what they would have paid to the city of Amsterdam (not to speak of compensating travel costs  - as already mentioned - for those deciding to take the option to cancel because of the inferior new itinerary). Most likely bookings in other countries will have the same options - it just takes some coordination of action to show MSC that the total ignorance of their customers can easily backfire on them and their attempt to save a few bucks might end in some serious collateral damage.

Are you looking for compensation beyond a full cruise refund and associated personal travel costs? When we contacted MSC, they seemed to be already offering this.

2 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

Are you looking for compensation beyond a full cruise refund and associated personal travel costs? When we contacted MSC, they seemed to be already offering this.

Actually as I said I got no information, alternative offer or whatsoever from MSC - probably they will come up with some, maybe not - we'll see...

What I hope to find is a big number of fellow travellers feeling the way I feel and willing to send the clear message to MSC that their move will to have consequences which makes downgrading the itinerary an economically unreasonable yet still reverseable idea. 

While we are disappointed at the change, I just don't see MSC as the main villain here. If we weren't booked on this cruise, we'd be cheering on MSC (and the other cruise lines) to stand up to ports like Amsterdam to keep them from unilaterally increasing port fees without any notice. If Amsterdam does get away with this without any push back from the cruise lines, what's to prevent other ports from doing the same?

5 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

If Amsterdam does get away with this without any push back from the cruise lines, what's to prevent other ports from doing the same?

Cruise lines are totally free to create their future itineraries to POCs without leftish bastards in their city councils, but now they are interfering with existing contracts (they might have passages in their T&Cs allowing them to, but at least here in central Europe that gets kicked by consumer protection) - I booked Amsterdam, I want (to dock right in and not go by some annoying transport to) Amsterdam - it's as simple as that. 

If MSC and every other cruise line decides to skip the city on (not published and sold) cruises from 2021 onwards that's perfectly fine, until then they got to stick to what they sold.

• Like 2

Hi...just to clarify....when I say they are are offering a free ( for all) shuttle I don't mean for every single person....I was meaning that the free shuttle could end up being chaotic. Having said that this cruise was quite heavily booked....many grades being sold out...before the change of POC so it probably will mean quite a high percentage of passengers....4300 of us... will be " entitled" to the free shuttle.  Some will be thinking ...oh that's ok....a free shuttle...thinking that they are going to be there for a couple of days but they are not.  Ship due at 14:00 in Rotterdam....departs 06:00 following morning....a couple of hours or so for return travel once they get on the shuttle....there will hardly be time to turn round in Amsterdam. MSC are offering nothing worthwhile.

I say again...I think the majority of passengers would pay the 8 euros to have the convenience of being on the doorstep of a most cultural city rather than being nearly 50 miles away in a container port.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read an article. It's a new "tourist tax" of 8 euro per pax, which is also levied on people in hotels.

Which is fair, in a way. Also, Amsterdam wants less tourism. 

But MSC is angry is that it came suddenly, that these are not the drunken English that make tourists look bad, and that people will still come but this time by bus. Ff course they will.

TBH, I feel the decision stems from jealousy more than any other reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 10:47 PM, mvh said:

When was your sailing date and we’re y sent an email? I sail in September and haven’t received anything. Maybe because Rotterdam is my embarkation point. I will gladly take the free shuttle and smile. They don’t have to offer anything.

We sail from Southampton on 15th May and have not heard anything at all until I read this forum.

We only booked this cruise because of Amsterdam which we missed out on 2 years ago when P&O cancelled the port call because of bad weather! (Instead we anchored off the coast of Lowestoft for the day, the sea was like a millpond!!).......another story!

9 hours ago, Aladdin242 said:

We sail from Southampton on 15th May and have not heard anything at all until I read this forum.

We only booked this cruise because of Amsterdam which we missed out on 2 years ago when P&O cancelled the port call because of bad weather! (Instead we anchored off the coast of Lowestoft for the day, the sea was like a millpond!!).......another story!

I only " stumbled" across the change of POC when I was checking excursions ....no word from MSC about the change. We were on the cruise previous to yours...which we have cancelled....as Amsterdam was the main POC for us. Your POC has been changed too Aladdin242 but you will fair slightly better than what we would have done. You are due in Rotterdam at 8 in the morning so you will have more time to transfer to Amsterdam....about 50 miles each way....we were due in at 14:00 ....we would have had hardly any time at all in Amsterdam. 

With the train from Rotterdam Central to Amsterdam Central you have 41 minutes. Its not a long trip. I don't like Amsterdam, its dirty and to crowded. There are a not of nicer cities in the Netherlands, really. Leiden, Gouda and more. So its not really a big problem. 

• Like 1

UPDATE

Hi...I have received all of my money back after cancelling this cruise....including deposit....from MSC PLUS the additional transport cost incurred regarding this cruise so we are not one penny out of pocket.

MSC have dealt very well with this cancellation and returning of monies paid.

• Like 5

On 12/30/2018 at 4:19 AM, janny444 said:

Hi....apologies if this topic has already been covered but I can't seem to find it.

Today after checking my booking online I notice that MSC have changed our overnight POC from Amsterdam to Rotterdam next April....I have not been notified of this change ....just " pot luck" that I noticed it.

Now....Rotterdam may be a nice POC but I don't think it compares in any degree with wonderful Amsterdam so for us is not a change for the better.

To rub salt in the wounds if we want to visit Amsterdam we can...at a charge of £35pp. Am I wrong in thinking that seeing as we already have this cruise booked before they decided to implement this change that an extra £35 pp doesn't feel right. New bookings ....yes....existing bookings....mmmm.

I understand the change of POC is that Amsterdam is now levying a charge pp  for "cruise tourists....think it is 8 euros.....I would gladly pay that extra so that we can be in Amsterdam. 

Would like your thoughts please....am I being unreasonable to feel so disappointed?

After so many cruises you should know thay cruise line can change any port they want and even send you to Canada instead of Carribean .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Well MSC do not cut it with me as a major cruise line anymore.

I wrote to them via my TA 3 weeks ago and have just received their reply, via my TA, which I will add her for you all, and others, to read.

They have replied taking my original text and commenting on individual sentences and paragraphs so I hope it will make sense.

When reading please note the expiry date of their 'token' offer. Today's date is 18th March 2019!

Copy as follows:-

In answer to your email.

We are repeating to you, what the passenger has been advised already.

As you know when booking with a wholesaler, all correspondence is with the wholesaler. We do not want the passenger getting annoyed because we cannot speak to them.

When speaking directly to a passenger, they may misunderstand and create a bigger issue.

If you could explain to your clients, we will not deal directly with passengers, due to the booking has been made via a wholesaler.

Please refer to Infinity cruise for all correspondence.

We need to have Infinity cruises aware of all request, as they control this booking.

Please note the below:

Deviations, cancellations and delays

6.1 The Vessel’s operation is subject to weather conditions, mechanical problems, vessel traffic, government intervention, duty to assist other vessels in distress, availability of berth facilities, and other factors which may be beyond the Carrier’s control. 

6.2 The Carrier does not guarantee that the Vessel will call at every advertised port or follow any particular route or time schedule. The Master and the Carrier shall have an absolute right to change or substitute the advertised schedule, ports, itinerary or route, or substitute other ships, without notice. If a scheduled port of embarkation or disembarkation is substituted, the Carrier shall determine and arrange transportation to the substituted port at no extra expense for the Passenger. 

6.3 Before the Voyage begins, the Carrier has the right to cancel the Voyage for any reason without notice if it considers that it is necessary to do so for the safety of the Vessel, or persons onboard.

6.4 The Carrier or the Master shall have the liberty to comply with any order or directions as to departure/arrival routes, ports of call, stoppages, trans-shipment, discharge or destination or otherwise given by any government or any department or by any person acting or purporting to act with the authority of any government or any department thereof or by any war risks insurer or association in which the Carrier or Vessel may be entered. Nothing done or not done under such orders or directions shall be deemed a deviation in law.

6.5 Any dates and/or times specified in any timetables or otherwise which may be issued by the Carrier are only approximate and may be altered by the Carrier at any time and to such extent as is considered necessary in the interest of the Voyage as a whole.

6.6 If the Vessel shall be prevented or hindered by any cause whatsoever from sailing or proceeding in the ordinary course, the Carrier shall be entitled to transfer the Passenger either to any other similar vessel or with the consent of the Passenger to any other means of transportation bound for the Passenger’s place of destination.

The cruise has had a port change from Amsterdam to Rotterdam and they are not very happy - please find below their email which they asked me to pass on

At time changes are made and beyond MSC Cruises control. Any countries port authority, can change the arrangements at any time.

Circumstances are not always in the control of MSC Cruises. See above terms and conditions.

I have just noticed that our 15th May MSC cruise is no longer calling into Amsterdam but going to Rotterdam instead which is an hour away from Amsterdam.

We had notified the wholesaler much earlier.

What angers me is that I have found this out from sources on the internet and although MSC have my full details including email address have not had the courtesy to inform me.

Our procedure is to contact the booking agent. We have sent the information to Infinity cruises. They control this booking as per the terms of booking via an agent. It is the wholesaler who was notified and should contact the agent.

I have tried calling MSC direct but as I booked the cruise with you they will not talk to me, I am the customer after all and the one paying the fare.

The payment of money is not paid directly to MSC Cruises and is paid by a wholesaler. Agents when booking via a wholesaler, that make passengers the 3rd party in the booking.

Our contract is with Infinity cruises. 

As you well know we are prolific cruisers and have been doing 3 cruises per year with other cruise lines.

We value all our passengers who have and will cruise with MSC Cruises and all are treat equally.

As your passengers are a first time passenger we look forward to welcoming them on-board.

We  have been looking at MSC as an alternative mainly because of the variety of itineraries and have been trying to decide on a Round the World cruise.

There are many cruise options in the market. We can confidently say we offer, great value for money and a premium cruising product. Our company is growing with our amazing itineraries and ships.

We chose this cruise to see how MSC compared and also specifically because I have never been to Amsterdam and in or 52nd year of marriage my wife wanted to show me the City.

Unfortunately changes can be beyond our control.

This unannounced change of port, long after we booked, is not the way to show MSC off to experienced but first time MSC cruisers.

Terms are included above. This affect all passengers on this sailing it is not just your client.

If we are to now visit Amsterdam from Rotterdam it is going to cost us time and money, which could have spent onboard which is now highly unlikely.

This is also the positive opportunity to visit Rotterdam. The opportunity to visit Amsterdam is still there in the tour on offer.

As already stated this cruise was for us to compare with other cruise lines that we have earned Gold loyalty status with and to decide if we will make further bookings with MSC.

We are please the passengers have taken up our status match offer.

With this in mind the least MSC can do is to cover our additional expenses getting to/from Amsterdam and to make an additional goodwill gesture in showing good faith on their part.

We have offered the discounted cost for the Amsterdam tours.       

We would accept a couple of complimentary meals in the specialty restaurants in this case.

We are not offering additional compensation for the itinerary change, by giving speciality restaurants complimentary.

I have been reading on forums that MSC have been refunding full cost of cruise together with additional travel costs incurred for cancellations.

We have no comment on forums as the information is not always factual.

We do not want to cancel but as they are now offering a 6 hour (2 hours travel and 4 hours in Amsterdam) shore excursion from Rotterdam and charging $126.00 per person, it would be a nice gesture on MSC to give the excursion for no charge!

The tour offer has been taken up by passengers and is already at a discounted cost.

Regarding the itinerary change below we are pleased to inform you and your clients about 2 special shorex promotions for the port of Rotterdam:

Special Shorex Promo valid till 15.02.2019:

a.       Special Amsterdam at your pace from Rotterdam at a very special price

RTM09 Special Amsterdam at your own pace € 39 ad - € 29ch ( Instead of 49€ AD/€ 39 CH )

Discount -20%

a.       MSC gives you the possibility to enjoy 2 cities Rotterdam and Amsterdam at discounted price Package of 2 tours

PRPORTM Special Promo Rotterdam RTM01 City tour in Rotterdam & Amsterdam City tour and Canal Cruise RTM08 € 109 ad / 89€ ch ( Instead of € 139 and € 101 )

Discount -18%

Please advise if the passengers wish to take up the offer for the shore excursions.

Cathy, I am sure you understand as a travel professional, that changes can happen in all aspects of travel and without compensation being due.

We are the largest cruise line in Europe and changes are very minor and beyond our control, Changes do not happen on a regular basis with MSC Cruise.

@Aladdin242

thats all correct from MSC, they can change the cruiseports when they want.

All the cruise lines can to that, its always in the contract.

You can cancel the cruise if you dont like the change.

And the excursion to Amsterdam is not so expensive and a good deal.

I was sailing several times with MSC and this is my first change, but for me Rotterdam is better than Amsterdam, really i dont like this dirty and crowded city.

And i have direct contact to the swiss MSC customer service also when i have a booking with a TA, it was no problem and friendly.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 12:08 AM, Lord1983 said:

Cruise lines are totally free to create their future itineraries to POCs without leftish bastards in their city councils, but now they are interfering with existing contracts (they might have passages in their T&Cs allowing them to, but at least here in central Europe that gets kicked by consumer protection) - I booked Amsterdam, I want (to dock right in and not go by some annoying transport to) Amsterdam - it's as simple as that. 

If MSC and every other cruise line decides to skip the city on (not published and sold) cruises from 2021 onwards that's perfectly fine, until then they got to stick to what they sold.

Most times you will dock at 'het westelijk havengebied' and then you also must take a bus to the city. Now you will dock at the most beautiful city of Holland, next to the biggest building by Rem Koolhaas. Don't go to the sh!thole some call Amsterdam, but stay in the beautiful, modern city of Rotterdam!

12 hours ago, Aladdin242 said:

Hi everyone

Well MSC do not cut it with me as a major cruise line anymore.

I wrote to them via my TA 3 weeks ago and have just received their reply, via my TA, which I will add her for you all, and others, to read.

They have replied taking my original text and commenting on individual sentences and paragraphs so I hope it will make sense.

When reading please note the expiry date of their 'token' offer. Today's date is 18th March 2019!

Copy as follows:-

In answer to your email.

We are repeating to you, what the passenger has been advised already.

As you know when booking with a wholesaler, all correspondence is with the wholesaler. We do not want the passenger getting annoyed because we cannot speak to them.

When speaking directly to a passenger, they may misunderstand and create a bigger issue.

If you could explain to your clients, we will not deal directly with passengers, due to the booking has been made via a wholesaler.

Please refer to Infinity cruise for all correspondence.

We need to have Infinity cruises aware of all request, as they control this booking.

Please note the below:

Deviations, cancellations and delays

6.1 The Vessel’s operation is subject to weather conditions, mechanical problems, vessel traffic, government intervention, duty to assist other vessels in distress, availability of berth facilities, and other factors which may be beyond the Carrier’s control. 

6.2 The Carrier does not guarantee that the Vessel will call at every advertised port or follow any particular route or time schedule. The Master and the Carrier shall have an absolute right to change or substitute the advertised schedule, ports, itinerary or route, or substitute other ships, without notice. If a scheduled port of embarkation or disembarkation is substituted, the Carrier shall determine and arrange transportation to the substituted port at no extra expense for the Passenger. 

6.3 Before the Voyage begins, the Carrier has the right to cancel the Voyage for any reason without notice if it considers that it is necessary to do so for the safety of the Vessel, or persons onboard.

6.4 The Carrier or the Master shall have the liberty to comply with any order or directions as to departure/arrival routes, ports of call, stoppages, trans-shipment, discharge or destination or otherwise given by any government or any department or by any person acting or purporting to act with the authority of any government or any department thereof or by any war risks insurer or association in which the Carrier or Vessel may be entered. Nothing done or not done under such orders or directions shall be deemed a deviation in law.

6.5 Any dates and/or times specified in any timetables or otherwise which may be issued by the Carrier are only approximate and may be altered by the Carrier at any time and to such extent as is considered necessary in the interest of the Voyage as a whole.

6.6 If the Vessel shall be prevented or hindered by any cause whatsoever from sailing or proceeding in the ordinary course, the Carrier shall be entitled to transfer the Passenger either to any other similar vessel or with the consent of the Passenger to any other means of transportation bound for the Passenger’s place of destination.

The cruise has had a port change from Amsterdam to Rotterdam and they are not very happy - please find below their email which they asked me to pass on

At time changes are made and beyond MSC Cruises control. Any countries port authority, can change the arrangements at any time.

Circumstances are not always in the control of MSC Cruises. See above terms and conditions.

I have just noticed that our 15th May MSC cruise is no longer calling into Amsterdam but going to Rotterdam instead which is an hour away from Amsterdam.

We had notified the wholesaler much earlier.

What angers me is that I have found this out from sources on the internet and although MSC have my full details including email address have not had the courtesy to inform me.

Our procedure is to contact the booking agent. We have sent the information to Infinity cruises. They control this booking as per the terms of booking via an agent. It is the wholesaler who was notified and should contact the agent.

I have tried calling MSC direct but as I booked the cruise with you they will not talk to me, I am the customer after all and the one paying the fare.

The payment of money is not paid directly to MSC Cruises and is paid by a wholesaler. Agents when booking via a wholesaler, that make passengers the 3rd party in the booking.

Our contract is with Infinity cruises. 

As you well know we are prolific cruisers and have been doing 3 cruises per year with other cruise lines.

We value all our passengers who have and will cruise with MSC Cruises and all are treat equally.

As your passengers are a first time passenger we look forward to welcoming them on-board.

We  have been looking at MSC as an alternative mainly because of the variety of itineraries and have been trying to decide on a Round the World cruise.

There are many cruise options in the market. We can confidently say we offer, great value for money and a premium cruising product. Our company is growing with our amazing itineraries and ships.

We chose this cruise to see how MSC compared and also specifically because I have never been to Amsterdam and in or 52nd year of marriage my wife wanted to show me the City.

Unfortunately changes can be beyond our control.

This unannounced change of port, long after we booked, is not the way to show MSC off to experienced but first time MSC cruisers.

Terms are included above. This affect all passengers on this sailing it is not just your client.

If we are to now visit Amsterdam from Rotterdam it is going to cost us time and money, which could have spent onboard which is now highly unlikely.

This is also the positive opportunity to visit Rotterdam. The opportunity to visit Amsterdam is still there in the tour on offer.

As already stated this cruise was for us to compare with other cruise lines that we have earned Gold loyalty status with and to decide if we will make further bookings with MSC.

We are please the passengers have taken up our status match offer.

With this in mind the least MSC can do is to cover our additional expenses getting to/from Amsterdam and to make an additional goodwill gesture in showing good faith on their part.

We have offered the discounted cost for the Amsterdam tours.       

We would accept a couple of complimentary meals in the specialty restaurants in this case.

We are not offering additional compensation for the itinerary change, by giving speciality restaurants complimentary.

I have been reading on forums that MSC have been refunding full cost of cruise together with additional travel costs incurred for cancellations.

We have no comment on forums as the information is not always factual.

We do not want to cancel but as they are now offering a 6 hour (2 hours travel and 4 hours in Amsterdam) shore excursion from Rotterdam and charging $126.00 per person, it would be a nice gesture on MSC to give the excursion for no charge!

The tour offer has been taken up by passengers and is already at a discounted cost.

Regarding the itinerary change below we are pleased to inform you and your clients about 2 special shorex promotions for the port of Rotterdam:

Special Shorex Promo valid till 15.02.2019:

a.       Special Amsterdam at your pace from Rotterdam at a very special price

RTM09 Special Amsterdam at your own pace € 39 ad - € 29ch ( Instead of 49€ AD/€ 39 CH )

Discount -20%

a.       MSC gives you the possibility to enjoy 2 cities Rotterdam and Amsterdam at discounted price Package of 2 tours

PRPORTM Special Promo Rotterdam RTM01 City tour in Rotterdam & Amsterdam City tour and Canal Cruise RTM08 € 109 ad / 89€ ch ( Instead of € 139 and € 101 )

Discount -18%

Please advise if the passengers wish to take up the offer for the shore excursions.

Cathy, I am sure you understand as a travel professional, that changes can happen in all aspects of travel and without compensation being due.

We are the largest cruise line in Europe and changes are very minor and beyond our control, Changes do not happen on a regular basis with MSC Cruise.

SO TRUE...

1 hour ago, korpo024 said:

Just because this MSC-dumbasses can't cope with the city of Amsterdam is by far not a necessity "in the interest of the Voyage as a whole" - it's just a bunch of whiny amateurs shifting their incompetence to the disadvantage of the customers instead of going to legally fight these stoned green crackheads of the AMS city council...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1