Diet Tonic

jimpod

17 hours ago, jimpod said:

Anyone know if Viking Star has diet tonic.  Have been on 2 Viking River cruises and they didn’t have it so had to take my own (I am diabetic).   

And to either your delight or your dismay, there is always a no sugar added gelato flavor and a no sugar added baked cookie or cake. 🥞🍦🍪

Talk to your room steward about stocking your mini-bar with diet sodas and diet tonic. 

Thanks everyone.  I don’t really have to have a special diet, just kinda work out (guess at times) what carbs are in my meal and adjust insulin as required.  Might take a couple of small bottles with me just in case.  Under 7 weeks now till we fly to Miami to embark the Viking Star for the transatlantic to Barcelona.

3 hours ago, jimpod said:

Thanks everyone.  I don’t really have to have a special diet, just kinda work out (guess at times) what carbs are in my meal and adjust insulin as required.  Might take a couple of small bottles with me just in case.  Under 7 weeks now till we fly to Miami to embark the Viking Star for the transatlantic to Barcelona.

I suggest that you buy the diet tonic of your choice in Miami and take it onboard with you. Not all diet tonics are the same, some still use sodium saccharin instead of better quality and tasting non sugar sweeteners. 

Just got off of Viking Sky Mediterranean cruise, they will switch out the regular tonic for the no-sugar tonic in the mini-bar. It doesn't say "Sugar-Free" on the label but I did read the details and it stated 0 sugars and 0 carbohydrates. We had them bring only diet drinks, no sugar tonic and also asked for 2 rums & 2 gins instead of one each of 4 (incl whiskey and vodka).

Like Peregrina651 suggested, I also tried to only eat the sugar free gelato each day, it was really very good. I am on a low-carb diet and found it very easy to stick with it. Viking has nice selections of meats, cheeses, veggies etc.