Just off the Armonia (Cuba/Christmas)

lmfinney

On 1/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, Beamafar said:

As Irish citizens, ours cost $50 pp ... I believe it's $75 for US. 

Hi Beamafar....did MSC automatically only charge your on board account $50 pp once they saw that you are not US citizens or did you have to ask for an adjustment? Thks.

14 hours ago, marmatjj said:

Hi Beamafar....did MSC automatically only charge your on board account $50 pp once they saw that you are not US citizens or did you have to ask for an adjustment? Thks.

Hi Marmatjj ... MSC just charged us the $50 - they'd be aware which country you're from by your passport and charge you accordingly.  (They obviously are aware of the different fees for different nationalities).

On 3/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, Beamafar said:

Hi Marmatjj ... MSC just charged us the $50 - they'd be aware which country you're from by your passport and charge you accordingly.  (They obviously are aware of the different fees for different nationalities).

I read as a British citizen I can get a Cuba visa in my passport before I travel for 26 quid ($35). Did you look into this before your voyage?

Just now, Bollinge said:

I read as a British citizen I can get a Cuba visa in my passport before I travel for 26 quid ($35). Did you look into this before your voyage?

I did!  It's only €22 for us in Ireland if we go to the Consulate in Dublin to get it - otherwise it's €44.  Unfortunately, all this is moot because you must get it on the ship because you're visiting Cuba from the US.  The following is from the Cuban embassy's website:

If you travel to Cuba from the United States of America, by plane or by boat, you must obtain your tourist visa only in that country.

The visa agency said in writing that as we are visiting Cuba from Mexico - the previous port o’ call - the £26 visa would suffice!

Clearly, more investigation required! 

Thanks for your prompt response. We are on a BTB in October.

Cheers, John.

Edited by Bollinge

On 1/12/2019 at 5:06 AM, pamrose228 said:

We decided to i go  to the the show Le Parisean at the Hotel Nacional,   Cost was only 35 CUC pp included a cocktail and a 3 minute cab ride to the ship.  Thw show was indoors and brillant, not as big as the Trop show but big.  A famous Cuban bonjo player show us his talent.   It was all terrifric, and the Hotel Nacional on Saturday night is the place to go.

We are looking into the Le Parisean, and was wondering how you booked this package? We will be on a cruise, not staying in a hotel.

11 minutes ago, gobama#1 said:

We are looking into the Le Parisean, and was wondering how you booked this package? We will be on a cruise, not staying in a hotel.

We were on a cruise also. We were taken to the hotel by our guide and we bought the tickets there

• 2 weeks later...