Celebrity Edge Jogging Track

cuti

Can anyone tell me about the jogging/running track on the Edge? Does anyone have video of it or even pictures? How long is it and does it really have inclines and declines to another deck? 

Please let me know as I’m a runner and will be a month away from another half marathon so I hope to run on it almost daily. Thanks! 

• Like 1

Yes, Edge has what I would call a nice running track.  It is better than the S Class track where you need to dodge the people that are moving chairs in the way.  It has an incline up one deck.  There is a video on this board somewhere that shows the entire route.  I believe it is about 5 or 6 laps to a mile.  Hopefully someone can find the link to the video and post it for you.  I'll look a bit.  I saw it, but that was probably a month ago. At the start of the track they show which direction you are supposed to run with a dividing line that says RUN on one side and WALK on the other side.

very helpful - thank you.  So I can see the ramp, incline up.  But... I do not see how you get back down.  Is it another ramp or stairs?  I will be training for something hilly so the ramp may be a perk actually.

this thread is bringing back some memories. My wife and I were celebrating our 10th on the Reflection with a Mediterranean cruise. We set a goal to run a 1/2 together....and we are not avid runners...just wanted to set a goal and see if we could do it. We had a long run for training about day 3 into our trip. We needed to and did run every mile of that training program. So up to watch the sunrise on the running track...dodging loungers....dodging the team setting the loungers....stepping softly in one particular area as it was slick.

A run I will surely never forget...lol....on a vacation of a lifetime 

7 hours ago, cuti said:

very helpful - thank you.  So I can see the ramp, incline up.  But... I do not see how you get back down.  Is it another ramp or stairs?  I will be training for something hilly so the ramp may be a perk actually.

The link to the video with the tour around the track was very informative.  I've completed well over 50 marathons and half-marathons and trained for a lot of those marathons while cruising but this track could be the worst running tack on any ship I've ever seen.  Any run is better than no run and running on a ship is always special, but running on this track looks difficult.  The fact that it's 4.5 laps per mile sounds good, but there are a lot of turns so it's probably more like 1/8 of a mile track.  The turns also appear to have a small radius which will put more stress on your knees.  The track also appears narrow and winds through bar or eating areas.  The up and down hill also sound interesting but I noticed in the video that there was water on the track during the downhill section and I would be very concerned about slipping.  The last thing that I noticed was the area on the top top deck appeared to lack much protection from the wind.  It might be difficult to run on that section while the ship is moving.

If I was serious about training for a 1/2 marathon, I would serious think of going back to one of the Oasis class ships.  Those ships have a great track.

Good Luck with your race and enjoy your cruise.

• 2 months later...

It was a very interesting track and I enjoyed it since it was very unique for ship tracks. Really enjoyed the hill which was nice since there were no chaises to sidestep there. Wind wasn’t too bad on sea days, but some areas are more exposed than others. It is tight heading towards the rooftop garden and not especially safe cutting through the garden since staff were around the area and sometimes chairs blocked it a bit.

overall liked it since there was a little less tourist traffic with the way they designed it compared to other ships. Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

I generally do my (fast) walking at around 6:30 a.m. daily and find that this is a good time of day from a “traffic” perspective.  It’s not quite dawn, very peaceful and quiet and it proves to be a great way to start the day!

Jill