Interior rooms on Symphony with Virtual Balconies?

I'm sure I remember learning somewhere that they have them. Or that at least some do?

I've just been watching videos of Symphony, and of everything I saw, I didn't see any.

I know there are two layouts of Interior rooms on this ship, one with the beds facing the main door, like a Voyager or Freedom Class Interior, and another layout, similar to a real Balcony with the beds at the side. The videos I've seen just show a plain wall where the balcony would be with maybe a picture or mirror. This is the Category I thought had VB's

Am I getting confused with Quantum Class? The more I think about it, the more I think I am.

Do ANY Symphony rooms have VB's?

I'm trying to squeeze in another cruise before our next and can't usually do without a balcony and some light in the mornings, so I'm thinking this could be the solution.

Otherwise a real balcony it will have to be!

Could someone please tell me which category on Symphony has VB's. If any.

Thank you! 😊

6 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

I'm sure I remember learning somewhere that they have them. Or that at least some do?

I've just been watching videos of Symphony, and of everything I saw, I didn't see any.

I know there are two layouts of Interior rooms on this ship, one with the beds facing the main door, like a Voyager or Freedom Class Interior, and another layout, similar to a real Balcony with the beds at the side. The videos I've seen just show a plain wall where the balcony would be with maybe a picture or mirror. This is the Category I thought had VB's

Am I getting confused with Quantum Class? The more I think about it, the more I think I am.

Do ANY Symphony rooms have VB's?

I'm trying to squeeze in another cruise before our next and can't usually do without a balcony and some light in the mornings, so I'm thinking this could be the solution.

Otherwise a real balcony it will have to be!

Could someone please tell me which category on Symphony has VB's. If any.

Thank you! 😊

Virtual balconies are category 4U and are on decks 6-11 forward.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi fellow cruisers,

After my first disastrous cruise I have always had a outside with some natural light of some sort even if obstructed as I cant stand the total blackness of a inside. Did that once and NEVR again. 

Looking at cost though as wanting to do longer and longer cruises and with insides so much cheaper with often a better variety to choose from so looking at alternatives such as the virtual option

I am wondering if you still feel like its just a big TV or does it feel natural?

On 2/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, Patrick Ledbetter said:

If you can't change the view on the screen (switch to a different camera), how do you know which room to book?  Some of the deck plans (like deck 9) have rooms with virtual balconies in all different configurations.  If I always want a bow view, or a stern view as an example.

I know your post is old but I figured I'd try to answer.  They try to match the view to what you'd see if you actually had a balcony.  Imagine having a VB on the port-side wall of the room but getting the view from starboard!  If you want a bow or stern view, you'd need a room with a VB on the bow or stern wall, respectively...

Thanks for the reply!

Other than the crew on the ship (which we can't ask), no one at Royal seems to know precisely how the virtual balconies are laid out per ship.  If you called them and said "I want a room with a VB of the stern of the ship on the Symphony of the Seas", they would not know which one to put you in because they don't know their own ships well enough to know which rooms have a VB on the wall of the stateroom that is facing the stern of the ship. #incredible

• 4 weeks later...