Cabins

angiemagoo

This was something my husband and I discussed when we started cruising too as we love a brew.

When we left Southampton on a NCL ship there were no kettles/tea makers in most rooms so the answer is probably no....there may have been one in the higher class suite style cabins and I think this may be the case on many ships.

In fact the only kettles on cruise ships we have heard of in general cabins of is select Celebrity voyages from the UK, Select Princess voyages from Southampton  and all ships on UK based lines (Marella and P&O).

In all honesty we did not miss it too much but I recommend taking good teabags with you (we take Yorkshire Gold) as crusie ship tea bags are often weak.

Enjoy your trip...NCL are a great line. 🙂

Edited by Velvetwater

We will be on the Spirit for the fourth time on the cruise after yours. Inside cabins will not have a kettle. My wife brings a thermos and either fills it at the buffet or asks at O’Sheehans every night.

We didn't have a kettle in our cabin on the Indy Southampton sailing in 2016 an our friends did not not when sailing from Harwich a few years before that?

I am wondering if this is a recent development or it is on a 'ask basis'.

Edited by Velvetwater

5 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

We didn't have a kettle in our cabin on the Indy Southampton sailing in 2016 an our friends did not not when sailing from Harwich a few years before that?

I am wondering if this is a recent development or it is on a 'ask basis'.

It was a few year before 2016, when I think the UK manager was called Robin Shaw?- and Indy had to stay in the UK all year. Being a ship built for good weather, they needed some sort of boost for numbers in the winter, so he came up with the idea of kettles, and tips included on bar sales- to attract cruisers from lines which were used to kettles/no tipping, I always presumed. It did make a difference, but Indy stopped the year round stays... the kettles remained. 

We had a kettle on her in 2014. I hadn't heard that they'd stopped doing this.