Adventure of the Seas - Rates over the phone

Super happy that we reserved AOS for November/Thanksgiving weekend.  Traveling with the family, 2 cabins, interior.  Found a great refundable fare of $3900 and change on line.  I called (didn't secure it on line) and worked with a lovely lady over the phone that actually found me a $3745.20 rate for both cabins... I said, sweet! lets do this... by the end of the 45min call the rate has gone up to $4093.50!  How can that be???? I get that if they quote you a rate, and you decide to call later, that rate is probably gone, but in the SAME call??? Aren't they supposed to guarantee the rate on the transaction?  Has anybody else experienced something similar?? 

31 minutes ago, ButterflyGA said:

Aren't they supposed to guarantee the rate on the transaction?  

Yes, on the final amount listed on your invoice. Just like on the web site, the final number is not final until you get a confirmed invoice.

2 hours ago, ButterflyGA said:

Super happy that we reserved AOS for November/Thanksgiving weekend.  Traveling with the family, 2 cabins, interior.  Found a great refundable fare of $3900 and change on line.  I called (didn't secure it on line) and worked with a lovely lady over the phone that actually found me a $3745.20 rate for both cabins... I said, sweet! lets do this... by the end of the 45min call the rate has gone up to $4093.50!  How can that be???? I get that if they quote you a rate, and you decide to call later, that rate is probably gone, but in the SAME call??? Aren't they supposed to guarantee the rate on the transaction?  Has anybody else experienced something similar?? 

Is it possible that the initial rate quoted did not include taxes?

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was my thought as well but I  just checked and taxes come to $226.88 for that sailing so that’s not it.

Maybe a switch from non-refundable to refundable?