Haven - Inside Haven or not on Getaway

Momma Rene

I originally booked cabin 12706.  Looked like a great cabin, however, I just found out that it is not in the Haven but can use their facilities.  After checking further, cabin 16116 became available which puts us inside the Haven.  What are the pros and cons of the two cabins?  The one inside the Haven is quite a bit more.  

We were on the Getaway in a Haven aft penthouse, which is NOT in the Haven either.  I LOVED this room.  Yes, it is far from the Haven area.  I didn't mind the walk, personally, although my husband complained a bit about it. 12706 is a forward facing penthouse--it will be bigger than 16116 for sure, and have (I believe) a much larger balcony.  But it is four decks below the Haven (although you at least won't have to walk the length of the ship, just up four flights).

Personally, I'd rather have a larger cabin and balcony and have to trek to the Haven space, but that's just me.  Up to you as to what is important to you.  Either way you get all the perks of the Haven--you just have to walk further if you keep 12706. 

I stayed in the Haven on the Breakaway (Deck 15) last year (my first experience in the Haven), so I am by no means an expert...

However, in looking at the deckplans for the 2 room options, I would stick with 12706 for the amount of extra space in the room.  You would still have all the benefits of being able to access the haven, you would just need to use the elevator to get there.

If you like to spend lots of time in your cabin then the extra room is important to you.  However, if you plan on using the Haven facilities a lot then it may be worth it to book the Haven cabin.  Its wonderful to be steps away from breakfast, lunch, dinner, Haven bar, and concierge.

I stayed in a forward penthouse on Getaway.  We loved the room but lots of walking. I also felt the concierge did not know us as much as the others.  I would  not pay MORE for the Haven cabin but if they were the same price, I would probably pick the Haven one.

There is a phrase in real estate  LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION 

39 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

12706 is a forward facing penthouse--it will be bigger than 16116 for sure, and have (I believe) a much larger balcony.

Both balconies are small. 

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

What are the pros and cons of the two cabins? 

The H7 has a separate living room and bedroom while the H5 is just one room. The H7 also has a forward facing window in the bedroom. The balcony is on the side for both staterooms.

If they were the same price, I'd still take the H7. The fact that the H5 is more makes it an even easier decision, IMO. 

One thing to consider concerning the forward penthouse haven cabins is that they are VERY FAR forward and you will experience a lot more motion than midships. If that is a concern, then you need to move back in the ship. The aft cabins will have the noise of the engines and are very far from the Haven complex.

We had originally bid on upgrades on forward and aft Haven suites, but deleted them in favor of SPA and COURTYARD haven suites for our March 10 getaway cruise. Plus they are less money to bid on upgrades too.

I stayed in 12106 on Breakaway which is the port side mirror cabin to 12706. Similar to Getaway. I wrestled with moving to the Haven leading up to the cruise but I'm glad I kept the forward cabin. It was so quiet up in that area and the room was fantastic. To me, having the separate living room made all the difference. We usually had first breakfast brought in most mornings since there was a small dining area with table and chairs. Also, the shower area was huge and had a nice soaking tub. We spent a lot of time in the room and in the Haven. At first, a part a me did envy those in the Haven who could step outside their room and be at the Haven pool, bar, and restaurant, but the cabins were not much different from a standard balcony. I've also stayed within the Haven proper, once in the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Gem. Even though I was in the Haven on that trip, I only used the Haven area to get coffee in the morning. On my next trip, I'd like to try an aft Haven suite on the Breakaway class to take advantage of the large deck. 

• Like 1

We also prefer the forward or aft facing rooms. The added benefit of two areas, (living and separate bedroom extra space) outweighed the smaller room in Haven proper for us. Also... love the bathrooms in these rooms. The walk did not bother us at all, but YMMV with what is more important to your personal preference. We prefer the room space.