Indy ocean view with smaller windows?

48 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

They don't, you can see from pics of th3 ship and from cabin reviews. Looking for a pic from the inside of one of these cabins 

Where do you see cabins with small portholes from the outside? And can you direct me to one of these reviews?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where do you see cabins with small portholes from the outside? And can you direct me to one of these reviews?

All I can think of is they are looking at the small portholes for the crew cabins on deck 1.

Or they are seeing the larger round Deck 3 Main Dining Room windows and assuming they are cabins. They are much larger.

I highly suspect this is the answer.

All Oceanview have the same sized windows.

@louhun88 compare the deck plans for deck 3 to make sure.

Edited by Board_Shorts

38 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

All I can think of is they are looking at the small portholes for the crew cabins on deck 1.

34 minutes ago, Board_Shorts said:

Or they are seeing the larger round Deck 3 Main Dining Room windows and assuming they are cabins. They are much larger.

I highly suspect this is the answer.

All Oceanview have the same sized windows.

@louhun88 compare the deck plans for deck 3 to make sure.

Combine both of these answers and you have the correct answer.

Again,  all oceanview passenger cabins with the possible exception of the forward facing Oceanview rooms have the same size porthole.

C8F67A43-E318-4F69-B7D6-E89DF7BB8544.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I just pulled up a picture that I have of Indy on my phone. Scanning along the outside of the ship on deck 2 there are a total of 3 small portholes. Whether or not they belong to passenger cabins or not I do not know. If they do and there is no designation that those cabins don't have the expected large round windows I'd be pretty upset to find myself in one of those cabins.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

This is a pic of cabin 2602 independence of the seas, same price as other cabins in the same grade. There's about 10 of them in total between deck 2 and deck 3 apparently 

It has to be those portholes I mentioned in my above post. No idea why they would do that since there is obviously room to put a window there. Maybe there is some sort of structural thing going on with the hull to either side of the window? Whatever the reason I would be very disappointed to walk into my cabin and find that. And... I definitely learned something new today. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has to be those portholes I mentioned in my above post. No idea why they would do that since there is obviously room to put a window there. Maybe there is some sort of structural thing going on with the hull to either side of the window? Whatever the reason I would be very disappointed to walk into my cabin and find that. And... I definitely learned something new today. Thanks.

I agree about the structural thing.  I think the force of the waves hitting the forward most part of the hull can be greater, so they have to put in smaller portholes to be able to take that force.  Hopefully the Chief will weigh in.

40 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree about the structural thing.  I think the force of the waves hitting the forward most part of the hull can be greater, so they have to put in smaller portholes to be able to take that force.  Hopefully the Chief will weigh in.

Actually, the portholes that I see on the side of the ship on deck 2 are not even at the forward part of the bow. The first one is below the 7th lifeboat, the next is below the 10th, and the next is below the 12th. On deck 3 there is solid hull below the area of the 7th and 10th lifeboats and a porthole below the 12th lifeboat that lines up with the porthole on deck 2. I have no way to put my picture into this post.

Maybe this link will bring you to a picture where you can see what I am talking about....

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+independence+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS826US826&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM%3A%2Co39JlAdlzkwiwM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kT0aj6BbW1hYtBJ2fXoBwVlKi3riQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6w7CwqtXfAhVyRN8KHUEQAYkQ9QEwCHoECAAQFA#imgrc=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM:

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Actually, the portholes that I see on the side of the ship on deck 2 are not even at the forward part of the bow. The first one is below the 7th lifeboat, the next is below the 10th, and the next is below the 12th. On deck 3 there is solid hull below the area of the 7th and 10th lifeboats and a porthole below the 12th lifeboat that lines up with the porthole on deck 2. I have no way to put my picture into this post.

Maybe this link will bring you to a picture where you can see what I am talking about....

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+independence+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS826US826&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM%3A%2Co39JlAdlzkwiwM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kT0aj6BbW1hYtBJ2fXoBwVlKi3riQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6w7CwqtXfAhVyRN8KHUEQAYkQ9QEwCHoECAAQFA#imgrc=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM:

I wonder if those small portholes are those white areas, like between 2598/2600 and 2618/2020.

42 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wonder if those small portholes are those white areas, like between 2598/2600 and 2618/2020.

I also thought of that but it would not explain the picture of cabin 2602 above posted by louhun88.