# of bottles of alcohol DOS 5 day cruise

Julma

In the grand scheme of things a small issue for sure...  We booked the DOS on the Pearl for a 5 day cruise.  Paid a lot of money and was told there were three bottles of alcohol included,  when I email concierge, I was told only one bottle.  Even the NCL website states, "There are select categories of Suite which come with specific additional amenities, too!  Guests booked into any Owner’s Suite or Deluxe Owner’s Suite receive three bottles of liquor from a special menu, along with unlimited mixers, sodas and bottled still and sparkling water.  Nothing about length of cruise.  How do we go from 3 to 1?  I have a 14 day cruise booked in March, do I get 8 bottles?  I have the drink package and don't even drink that much, it's just the point of being told and expecting one thing and getting something else.  

NCL LINK to OS DOS amenities:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruising-the-haven-and-suites-by-norwegian-perks-details-part-2

Additional Amenities

There are select categories of Suite which come with specific additional amenities, too!  Guests booked into any Owner’s Suite or Deluxe Owner’s Suite receive three bottles of liquor from a special menu, along with unlimited mixers, sodas and bottled still and sparkling water. 

Does not state the number of cruise days.

Reading further the most any cabin gets is 6 in a GV but again no number of cruise days.

Somewhere about 5-6 weeks before your cruise you should get a letter from the NCL with a telephone number

to call (Phone Concierge) for your booze selection. See something on the list you would to change you can try

and trade over the phone but if that fails then when on board discuss it with your Butler.

Cavet - *** - you may have to be on a cruise of 6 days or more to get 3 bottles - but the writing above from NCLs

own website does not state that !

It is nice to have your own private bar in your cabin with everything stocked in mini-fridge on the house.

My point exactly.  It should be clear when booking what is included.  Mathematically from 5 to 7 days is 2+ bottles, so how they went to 1?? Also, in my email  they stated I get "1 bottle complimentary", I paid for the Haven room, there is nothing complimentary about the perks.  NCL is not doing me a favor.  I'm going on this cruise and going to have a nice time regardless, I just think they are pushing it a bit with this one.  Seems a bit nickle and dime.

11 hours ago, Julma said:

My point exactly.  It should be clear when booking what is included.  Mathematically from 5 to 7 days is 2+ bottles, so how they went to 1?? Also, in my email  they stated I get "1 bottle complimentary", I paid for the Haven room, there is nothing complimentary about the perks.  NCL is not doing me a favor.  I'm going on this cruise and going to have a nice time regardless, I just think they are pushing it a bit with this one.  Seems a bit nickle and dime.

Yep, you pay thousands and they are looking to save $10 at wholesale prices.

Same exact situation for me as well coming up on the Jade in February. Only 1 bottle. I asked if they could get a vanilla flavored vodka so we can make orange creamsicles, and was told no substitutions allowed. I asked for peppermint tea instead of chamomile and was told I was permitted to bring it on board myself. 

Meh, they're not going out of their way to impress me but we'll have a fine time regardless. We're planning on just asking for another bottle if we use the 1 up before the cruise is over.

NCL keeps cutting back or cutting corners on everything these days. Just learned Margaritaville is no longer included for suite guests on embarkation day.  With almost everyone having the UBP these days, NCL probably figures these bottles are obsolete and wasting them money.  With NCL these days, every nickel and dime counts.

12 hours ago, Julma said:

42 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

NCL keeps cutting back or cutting corners on everything these days. Just learned Margaritaville is no longer included for suite guests on embarkation day.  With almost everyone having the UBP these days, NCL probably figures these bottles are obsolete and wasting them money.  With NCL these days, every nickel and dime counts.

How'bout a new slogan, you can't spell NiCkeL & dime without NCL .