Carnival Suspends New Room Service Charges Policy

Djptcp

This was posted today on the Carnival Cruise Critic forum from John Heald, Senior Carnival Cruise Director and popular Carnival blogger:

From John Heald,

”I had previously told you about changes to our room service offerings that would go into effect in January.  

I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of making some adjustments to that plan to balance the interests of our guests with our efforts to reduce food waste costs. 

For the time being then, there will be no changes until we finalize a plan that will I will communicate to you all.”

When asked to specify, John stated that the changes have been cancelled and room service will revert to being free until 10 PM. 

I guess Carnival did pay attention to the many complaints. Sounds like they are still working on devising some sort of charge plan, but not the one recently released - given the suspended announcement and not a cancelled announcement.

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

They will probably do what the other lines that charge do and just do a single surcharge.

I think that's alot better than charging for every item. It will discourage food waste but also not overdo it with the fees.

• Like 1