Equinox Elite lounge and Specialty restaurant

louieboy

We're D+ on RCCL and have read that Celebrity loads the three evening drinks on our card like RCCL does but Celebrity swipes our card in the lounge so we would only get three drinks each whether or not we drink in the Elite lounge or elsewhere.  We will be on the Equinox in March and wonder if anyone has personal experience on that particular ship.  

Also on RCCL as D+ we get a BOGO at a specialty restaurant.  Does anyone know if this is also a Celebrity perk.  

Thanks 

With the 3 drinks now loaded on the card it seems they are swiping the card at the 5-7 happy hour.

No BOGO for socialite restaurant but I suggest you check the Elite  benefits on the X website as some are better than Royal- 90 minutes of free internet (not continuous) and 1free bag of wash & fold laundry.  So if 2 Diamond/Elite in the cabin 180 internet minutes & 2 bags of laundry.  Some other discounts, freebies etc.

Just to be sure, there is no "Elite Lounge" per se that is the equivalent of the Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean.  Celebrity usually uses the Sky Lounge for the cocktail hour for Elite and above of the Captain's Club. It uses the Tuscan Restaurant for the Elite breakfast, really a very small selection of food and drinks.

Also Diamond plus does not equate to Elite Plus on Celebrity. Diamond Plus is still only Elite on Celebrity. There are a few minor differences in perks. 

I don't know if the OP is aware of these two things or not. If the OP does already know it, I don't mean to sound patronizing. I was just trying to clarify a few differences between Celebrity and Royal that can be surprising to Royal passengers sailing Celebrity the first time. In fact, we were D+ when we first sailed on Celebrity and we were surprised by these differences, so I just wanted to help out.  

Edited by Silvery Seas Cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, louieboy said:

We're D+ on RCCL and have read that Celebrity loads the three evening drinks on our card like RCCL does but Celebrity swipes our card in the lounge so we would only get three drinks each whether or not we drink in the Elite lounge or elsewhere.  We will be on the Equinox in March and wonder if anyone has personal experience on that particular ship.  

Also on RCCL as D+ we get a BOGO at a specialty restaurant.  Does anyone know if this is also a Celebrity perk.  

Thanks 

No such benefit but keep in mind on Celebrity you will only be Elite.