January Weather in Eastern Caribbean

moonbmn53

9 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

It can rain, but it still isn't very cold.  Doesn't hurt to pack one of those inexpensive rain ponchos if you are planning to walk around an island no matter the weather.

9 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

It can rain, but it still isn't very cold.  Doesn't hurt to pack one of those inexpensive rain ponchos if you are planning to walk around an island no matter the weather.

It has been our experience: even when it rains it doesn't last very long. We are sailing the southern route in a few more weeks; we expect nice weather the entire cruise. I hope we are not disappointed; our last 3 cruises have greeted us with crappy weather and the 4th was ok for the most part but so much rain the week before the ports were filled with mud when we did a couple of tours. 

It was hot and humid when we were there last January. 

I was grateful for my dollar store rain poncho because the few times we did get rain it poured! Only for a few minutes each time but enough to soak you right through.

pat

On 1/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, moonbmn53 said:

I am heading out January 19th for my cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas and Nassau.  Would someone who has just returned from the area please tell me what temperature to expect?

Tortola and St. Thomas are in the Caribbean. Highs will range from 82  - 90. You can expect the possibility of rain every day but it will be in the form of showers. In the evening it will be around 78 - 82 degrees. The humidity is always high.

Nassau is in the north Atlantic. Temperatures can vary greatly. You might have highs in the low 60s up to the 80s. Lows can be in the upper 40s to lower 70s. Similar to what you get in Florida that time of year.

Edited by zqvol

On 1/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, moonbmn53 said:

I am heading out January 19th for my cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas and Nassau.  Would someone who has just returned from the area please tell me what temperature to expect?

If you go to weather.com, it will tell you high of 81, low of 73 with a 20% chance of rain. What happens last week is not as important as what it is forecast to be on the day you are there. You could actually look this up too!

• Humidity: 66%
  • Wind: ENE 14 mph 
  • UV Index: 8 of 10
  • Sunrise: 6:54 am
  • Sunset: 6:08 pm
Edited by BirdTravels