Soda in Room? Cocktail Mixers

me-shel

Prepping for my 7th cruise, but first on HAL! We're getting down to the little details and are a little stumped on a couple things. I don't see any options to pre-order cans of soda for our room. Can we carry on soda at embarkation like other lines? Bring it on from port stops? All I can find (pre-cruise, online) are soda/drink packages fulfilled at the bar, by the glass.  

We've ordered some liquor to be delivered in-room for pre-dinner cocktails or nightcaps on the balcony ... but it's not going to work if we can't get some kind of mixers! 😧

38 minutes ago, me-shel said:

Prepping for my 7th cruise, but first on HAL! We're getting down to the little details and are a little stumped on a couple things. I don't see any options to pre-order cans of soda for our room. Can we carry on soda at embarkation like other lines? Bring it on from port stops? All I can find (pre-cruise, online) are soda/drink packages fulfilled at the bar, by the glass.  

We've ordered some liquor to be delivered in-room for pre-dinner cocktails or nightcaps on the balcony ... but it's not going to work if we can't get some kind of mixers! 😧

On the past few cruises my cabin has been stocked with 2 Regular Cokes, 2 Sprites, and 2 Diet Cokes or Coke Zero. You can ask the Beverage Department to stock additional sodas or different sodas as long as they have what you want.

In addition you can carry on board whatever soda you wish to, both at embarcation and at additional ports.

Enjoy your cruise.

There were a 6 cans in the minbar setup (ours had 2 Diet Coke, 1 coke, 1 tonic, and two cans that I can't tell for sure what they were from the pic I shot). 

Carrying on soda should be fine... I usu carry on a few cans of local soda at ports and have never had a problem (albeit on other lines). 

9 hours ago, me-shel said:

There are cans as described above in the mini-cooler in your stateroom.  But like regular "mini bars" there will be charges for what is used.  You may though bring aboard both at initial embarkation and at port stops as much soda of your own choosing as you would like without charge.  

• Like 1

We have brought on multiple 12 packs of diet soda for our extended trips, both on embarkation and ports. No problems. As Regnig pointed out, the cans in the mini-cooler are not free, you will pay for them. We usually have the room steward empty out the cooler so we can put our own stuff in it.

DD

We bring the 7.5 oz. cans of soda on all of our cruises as we also order liquor to be delivered to the cabin on embarkation day. We remove the items in the cabin fridge and tell the room steward where they are in a closet so he doesn't think we used them! We put the back in the fridge on debarkation morning. We bring the smaller cans of soda as I don't usually drink a whole can of soda at once and the smaller ones are perfect to mix with one drink of alcohol. Have a great cruise!