Can I bring this in board

Bdarlin

4 hours ago, OCruisers said:

While travel irons are NOT allowed on Princess, irons at no charge are in the laundry rooms.

Try not to worry about every little wrinkle ... everyone will have some quickly.  

According to my wife, "It's a cruise, not a fashion show." She doesn't worry about little things like a few wrinkles when on vacation. She also refuses to do laundry on her vacations. That is NOT what she is on vacation for. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, there is always that if you have time, sometimes the turn around is stated as 48 hours. That makes it tough if it is your Tux and formal night is the evening of the first sea day.

Give it to your steward immediately after unpacking.  They  try hard to get it back quickly for you in the circumstance you describe.

image.png.326fd2d0adf3c3925cf69f13445302ea.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

3 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

It would be exremely rare foe first night to be formal.    I have never seen that in well over 100 cruises

I agree, that is why I had said the night of the first sea day, not the first night. This what usually occurs unless the cruise starts with two sea days.

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree, that is why I had said the night of the first sea day, not the first night. This what usually occurs unless the cruise starts with two sea days.

And, that is why I edited my post when I saw you wrote 'sea day'  :classic_blink:   image.png.22920650bcd8dff558562b94a5cc7192.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Give it to your steward immediately after unpacking.  They  try hard to get it back quickly for you in the circumstance you describe.

Yes they do but they cannot always deliver as it is the laundry staff that have the power there.

I didn't see anyone mention Downy Wrinkle Releaser here. It works well in my experience. Here's a link to get a couple travel sized bottles on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-Plus-Pack/dp/B018XJ1ZG2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547347577&sr=8-4&keywords=downy+wrinkle+releaser+spray+travel+size

38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Another method is to hang any wrinkled clothes by the TV and put it onto a channel showing politics, the hot air will soon have your clothes wrinkle free.

So how come most Pollies are wrinkly?🤪😳

1 hour ago, bbtbear said:

I didn't see anyone mention Downy Wrinkle Releaser here. It works well in my experience. Here's a link to get a couple travel sized bottles on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-Plus-Pack/dp/B018XJ1ZG2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547347577&sr=8-4&keywords=downy+wrinkle+releaser+spray+travel+size

Mix some fabric conditioner with water in a spray bottle works just as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SRF said:

That is what Downy Wrinkle Release is. 😄

And it works, whether homemade or purchased. 

When I unpack, if anything needs help, I spray it right then. When everything is hung up, I’m done until it’s time to repack. 

If I were to iron, I’d most likely do it as needed, which could be every day. 

I want my cruise to be responsibility free, so I’m glad I can’t bring an iron. 

Wrinkle release products, spray starch or just water in a spray bottle.  Here is a great trick:  Spray a little on your garment and use a hairdryer.  Hold the hairdryer just a couple inches from the area that you just sprayed and pull the area tight.  The heat will create steam and VIOLA, winkles disappear!  Another great way to touch up those areas that have creased while you were sitting (like your lower back or the hem of your blouse is a flat iron (the ones for your hair).  Just heat up your flat iron, being careful of how hot you let it get for delicate fabric, and treat the wrinkled area JUST like a section of hair.  Place the fabric between the plates and gently squeeze and pull at the same time.  I even do this while I'm wearing the garment! :classic_laugh:  Hope these hacks help others!  Happy vacationing!  

• Like 1

I pack things that either don't wrinkle much or are fine wrinkled.

I have NO desire to do ironing on vacation.  Heck, I seldom do it at home. 😄

At MOST when traveling, I will hang clothes in the bathroom while I shower.