Oasis cancelled the rest of their cruise: Norovirus

cathi007

On 1/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, adam_s_allen said:

I'm pretty sure most insurance companies would figure out that you already got a complete refund from the cruise companies, and might go after you for insurance fraud.

No but what about the people who lost their vacation time? Spending days in you cabin might not be a vacation for some. I'm not saying they should get a full refund and all the money from the insurance, but maybe some.

5 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Yeah I can't tell you how many time I witness women coming out of the stall and running out the door without washing their hands, it's disgusting. I have always kept my mouth shut, but man do I want to say something. I am bringing Clorox hand sanitizer that kills noro and Clorox wipes that kill noro, I am a little paranoid because one of the passengers sailing with us has cancer. We are diligent about hand washing though. 

don't feel bad about saying something, i have. In fact, i once said, " you know that is how norovirus spreads" you get sick and we all get sick, the guy went back and washed his hands, he was not happy but he did it. I just don't get it, is like you said " disgusting"....

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

don't feel bad about saying something, i have. In fact, i once said, " you know that is how norovirus spreads" you get sick and we all get sick, the guy came back and washed his hands, he was not happy but he did it. I just don't get it, is like you said " disgusting"....

I might just do it this time, thanks :classic_biggrin:

On 1/12/2019 at 1:03 AM, Barb Nahoumi said:

We were on the Explorer of the Seas, two or three weeks after the outbreak of Noro, which sent it back to New Jersey early.  They did not have "Washy Washy" people on that ship.  Maybe  Royal should take a tip from NCL and have "Washy Washies" on board.  

NCL cruises don't return early, that we know of, because of Noro.

Noro is not just prevalent on cruise ships.  Kids and teachers catch it in school,  and I came down with it at work where I dealt with the public.  Wherever crowds gather, noro may be there.

Every RCI cruise I've ever been on has had a washy washy man, even on the Explorer.