Concierge contact before cruise?

louieboy

We will be on the Equinox in March and wanted to book one of the specialty restaurants for the first night but are booked online.  We are booked in a concierge class cabin and wonder if the concierge will contact us prior to sailing so we can ask if there is any openings in the specialty restaurant that maybe they hold openings on just for last minute requests.  One of the perks for concierge class states that they can help with setting up these reservations.  Didn't know if they hold some openings for situations like this. 

Thanks 

The Concierge is available to you once you board the ship not pre-cruise.  The only guests who are contacted pre- cruise by tge Shoreside Concierge are those traveling in the highest level suites.

When you board the ship there will be staff members booking speciality restaurant reservations, if there is availability for the first night you can book then.

You can always call Celebrity and ask to speak with a shoreside concierge. That person may be able to answer your questions about the feasibility of getting reservations at a specialty restaurant. The "Concierge" level stateroom is a bit of a misnomer. You can now get a concierge at check-in (new) and once on-board (also new). If you don't do any good with a shore-side concierge you will have to wait for check-in. Sorry, Charlie.

3 hours ago, K12Guy said:

You can always call Celebrity and ask to speak with a shoreside concierge. That person may be able to answer your questions about the feasibility of getting reservations at a specialty restaurant. The "Concierge" level stateroom is a bit of a misnomer. You can now get a concierge at check-in (new) and once on-board (also new). If you don't do any good with a shore-side concierge you will have to wait for check-in. Sorry, Charlie.

The shoreside concierge is only available for guests who are booked in higher end suites.  You can try calling Celebrity and see if a cruise planner may be able to assist you, otherwise you would have to wait till you board and speak to either the onboard concierge or someone who is working the speciality dining tables.

It’s quite common to have a discount offered for the 1st night for specialty dining, but that in person on the ship.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

.........The only guests who are contacted pre- cruise by tge Shoreside Concierge are those traveling in the highest level suites.

Actually, those traveling in the "highest level suites" are not the only folks contacted pre-cruise by shoreside concierges.  We are Zenith level members of the Captain's Club who book Aqua, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  We have been routinely contacted by the shoreside concierges.  And while we are not gamblers at all, I have met high level Blue Chip (I think I am right about the name, but I am referring to the gambling club members) who have also been contacted by shoreside concierges before boarding.   But back to the original question -- I will be surprised if someone in a concierge class stateroom will have any pre-cruise contact from a concierge.

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

But back to the original question -- I will be surprised if someone in a concierge class stateroom will have any pre-cruise contact from a concierge.

Agreed. Which is why I recommended a call to see if a shoreside concierge might help the OP. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? It never hurts to ask, unless a person is offended by hearing "No".

I’m sorry to inform you, the “Concierge” in Concierge class won’t contact you before the cruise, or be anything other than the same concierge the entire ship has access to. In other words it’s just hype.

As Jelayne advised, make your reservation once you board. First nights often are discounted, especially to Aqua class.

Not sure on what basis you are making your assertion about NOT being contacted pre-cruise by a concierge...

We have been contacted via e-mail and via voicemail by a "concierge" offering to help us with any pre-cruise needs.  So, we asked her to set up a dinner reservation in Tuscan Grille with our traveling companions and requested distilled water and an extension cord for our CPAP.  We are booked in a Concierge class cabin NOT in a suite.  Not high rollers.  Not Zenith members.

Not a big deal but what you stated is not true!!!!