Scooter in Norway, Portugal?

tommui987

Hi,   I can't help with Norway but have done both Vigo and Lisbon on my scooter.

Vigo  One of the easiest port I have ever been to.  The ships dock next to a multi story shopping centre. Go into the shopping centre and take the lift  to the next to the top floor ( I forget which floor it is, we went up one too many first go)  you are then in the centre of Vigo with out going up a very very steep hill.  Just after you get to the top there is a very nice square which is great for people watching and a drink.  Vigo is flat and very easy to get round.

Lisbon  Ships can dock in several different docks, our ship docked a little way out of the centre but ran a shuttle to the Praca do Comercio, this area is very flat (some of Lisbon is very hilly)  There is much to see around this area and very enjoyable. Our plan was to then get the shuttle to Jeronimos Monastery, but after a long wait for the shuttle because of the very heavy traffic we went straight back to the ship.  The sail in and out of Lisbon are spectacular, one of my favourites  after Venice.  

It will be no problem in Bergen and Alesund. Ship dockes near centre of town, almost all is flat. Thius apart from the viewpoint over Alesund and also the funiculair in Bergen. In both places there is a hopon/off bus but I am not sure if it is handicapped friendly.

Geiranger is a tender town, which might be a bit more difficult. Geiranger itself is a very small town with a few out of town viewpoints. Again I donot know if also here the bus is handicapped friendly.

No experience with Hardanger.

There is a movable pier in Geiranger, but not all lines use.  I was told lines of Carnival Corp. can't use it because they didnt contribute to the construction, but then this year I saw one of their ships tied up to it, sooo...EM

On 1/16/2019 at 3:45 PM, Essiesmom said:

There is a movable pier in Geiranger, but not all lines use.  I was told lines of Carnival Corp. can't use it because they didnt contribute to the construction, but then this year I saw one of their ships tied up to it, sooo...EM

We have seen that pier in Geiranger, but as far as I know indeed used by other cruiselines.  Since there often are 2 or 3 ships in Geiranger one cannot be that sure where the ship will anchor or dock

Be careful with a scooter, especially if not one with 4 wheels, as they can be fairly tippy on cobblestones, which you will find all over Norway, especially in tourist areas.   Not all buses or trolleys in Norway are accessible either, even in Oslo.