Drinking water

FiggyWig

Forgive my question if it's already been answered. But what's the situation with drinking water on board ?

Will be on Bellissima in March, booked on Bella which will be our 1st MSC experience and I'm sure I've read somewhere here that drinking water is not readily available in the MDR. Is this right and what about the buffet ? We dont have any kind of drinks package as yet preferring not to think we have to drink X amount to justify the cost, and prefer to pay as you go. But find the concept of no water when dining rather odd.

Any views / tips?

Thanks

• Like 1

Bookings from the UK have (bottled) water, tea and coffee included for lunch and dinner in the MDR.  (Tea, coffee and juices are available to everyone at breakfast in the MDR).  They are also available 24/7 in the buffet (plus juices at breakfast).  The following is from the website:

(MSC) will now be offering a complimentary package of tea, water, and filtered coffee to all guests who book a new cruise! This offer is available on ALL new bookings made from 1st May 2018 and will be available to all guests on all our ships.

The hot drinks and water will be offered to guests during lunch and dinner in the main dining room. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

Dunno if it's true but someone on here mentioned about getting a jug of iced water from their waiter when requesting it. The post is buried away somewhere on here about ordering cocktails in the MDR.

Am sure if you have a nice waiter he or she will accommodate you but dont count on it.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, Beamafar said:

Bookings from the UK have (bottled) water, tea and coffee included for lunch and dinner in the MDR.  (Tea, coffee and juices are available to everyone at breakfast in the MDR).  They are also available 24/7 in the buffet (plus juices at breakfast).  The following is from the website:

(MSC) will now be offering a complimentary package of tea, water, and filtered coffee to all guests who book a new cruise! This offer is available on ALL new bookings made from 1st May 2018 and will be available to all guests on all our ships.

The hot drinks and water will be offered to guests during lunch and dinner in the main dining room. 

Not to disagree, but we sailed on the Sinfonia in December. We booked it late May. As Americans, we did have free bottled water for dinner, but all Europeans (not sure about the Brits) had to pay 3 euros for their bottles of water. We also had no coffee or tea after dinner. That was also an additional charge. 

If MSC changed the rules, it didn't filter down to our cruise. Those are the facts.

Cheers

Len

Two points on that:

1)  The wording is bad in that it states "all guests".  This isn't true - it only applies to Irish & UK bookings.  On the website, Onboard Services menus drops down to reveal this inclusion on all cruises.603676644_ScreenShot2019-01-17at09_19_12.thumb.png.f8880f87160761bfbe170dbd64e260ed.png

2) It applies to bookings made FROM 1st May 2018.  Who knows when those on Sinfonia booked?

Here's a link to the relevant page on the website: 

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC/Water-Tea-Coffee-Guests.aspx

On 1/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Beamafar said:

I am new to to MSC.  Am I to understand they do not fill glasses with water in the MDR?   Why?   Can I buy bottled water at the bar?

19 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am new to to MSC.  Am I to understand they do not fill glasses with water in the MDR?   Why?   Can I buy bottled water at the bar?

Bottled water is available for purchase in all the bars/lounges, MDRs and buffet.

Those booking in the US (and possibly/probably Canada?), UK and Ireland are entitled to free bottled water in the MDR.  Most (if not all) other regions/countries have to pay for water.  Europeans are used to paying for water so it's not an issue for them, whereas it's not the custom in the countries that I've listed and MSC have taken this into account.

Water, tea and coffee are available free in the buffet 24/7.   MSC does not serve tap water in their MDRs.

Edited by Beamafar