Carnival Funshop liquor to be drank only in cabin???

It's been a couple of years since I cruised but yeesh! I get the liquor being outrageously priced but now a delivery fee on top of it? AND, you have to agree to ONLY DRINK IN CABIN? I'm no lush but I do enjoy taking a flask with liquor to the pool with a mixer or making a drink in the cabin to take to pool. Does anyone know how tough they are on enforcing this rule?

4 minutes ago, ranger dave said:

I have done what you are planning to do many times.  I always try to be discreet about it, never have taken the bottle out of the room.  Nobody has ever said anything about it to me.

Like he said. 😉

Never said I was bringing the bottle..lol. I've just never had to "sign" something saying I wouldn't take any of it outside the cabin!

And, by the time the delivery fee and tax is added to that port side $20 of vodka, it's almost $100. I'm still thinking about that!

Edited by Magic City Cruiser

8 hours ago, Magic City Cruiser said:

It's been a couple of years since I cruised but yeesh! I get the liquor being outrageously priced but now a delivery fee on top of it? AND, you have to agree to ONLY DRINK IN CABIN? I'm no lush but I do enjoy taking a flask with liquor to the pool with a mixer or making a drink in the cabin to take to pool. Does anyone know how tough they are on enforcing this rule?

I'm confused. I thought you could buy liquor on the ship, duty free, but couldn't have it until debarkation day, which I also don't understand...

8 hours ago, bmci3398 said:

I'm confused. I thought you could buy liquor on the ship, duty free, but couldn't have it until debarkation day, which I also don't understand...

You can purchase liquor ahead of time from the Fun Shops and have it in your cabin when you arrive.  If you buy it onboard or at one of the ports, they will hold it for you until debarkation day.  Reasoning behind it is that they limit what they will sell you ahead of time and by not letting you have what you bought onboard, it eliminates passengers getting overly intoxicated.  (And they would rather sell you the higher priced drinks where they make their money.)

12 hours ago, bmci3398 said:

The liquor you purchase from the Fun Shops on board is duty free.  You can pre-order from the Fun Shops (online or by phone) or from Room Service while you are on board for use on the ship.  This is obviously at a much higher cost that you purchase that the hold until debarkation day.