Anthem being diverted

7 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

It's going to be interesting this Saturday. The Anthem will be coming in late. People will be trying to get on. Now add some snow.

Anthem is coming in late tomorrow.  It sails Friday, January 18th on an 8 night sailing.  Sailing after that is on a Saturday.

we received email from Royal stating that we were to be at the port at 1130am for boarding and we would be leaving at 4pm instead of 3pm.   Not excited that the air conditioning hasn't been resolved.  Our friends are on board now down from where our cabin is located...at least the cooler temperatures have helped some of the cabins but not all fixed yet.  

6 minutes ago, irisheileen said:

We are due in Bayonne at 9am instead of 7am.

Hi irisheileen ☺️

Anthem is going to gain an extra hour. Did Anthem change it clocks back one hour already? If not, the hour turned back/gained should take place tonight, late.  

On night 3 Anthem turned clocks forward 1 hour to match the time in St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Barbados & St Lucia.

The extra hour gained back should be of some help as the Anthem pushes forward towards Bayonne.

☺️

8 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi irisheileen ☺️

Anthem is going to gain an extra hour. Did Anthem change it clocks back one hour already? If not, the hour turned back/gained should take place tonight, late.  

On night 3 Anthem turned clocks forward 1 hour to match the time in St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Barbados & St Lucia.

The extra hour gained back should be of some help as the Anthem pushes forward towards Bayonne.

☺️

Hi, we already changed back to Bayonne time a day or so ago. I've lost track when.:classic_blink:

We are told 9am arrival. 

Edited by irisheileen

On 1/16/2019 at 8:54 PM, ticketsunlimited said:

It is so weird to be on our sky loft deck looking at Bermuda in total silence. We are just floating in the middle of the ocean waiting for the nurse to come back. It was very sad to watch them transfer the stretcher into the pilot boat. I must say it was a very impressive feat as we were still moving quite fast when they did it. 

Yes, my experience seen it done over dozen times with Ship always moving, while the pilot boat PU patient or a Helicopter dropping basket down. Never seen them use the Helo-pad, always used the pool deck. Medical Emergencies getting more common with 2-3 times as many passengers then 20-30yrs ago. We even had 3 of them on one 11nite cruise was on end on 2016. One we turned around after just leaving a port, then few days later we speed up to next port with 2 more... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:44 PM, crisndeefromde said:

we received email from Royal stating that we were to be at the port at 1130am for boarding and we would be leaving at 4pm instead of 3pm.   Not excited that the air conditioning hasn't been resolved.  Our friends are on board now down from where our cabin is located...at least the cooler temperatures have helped some of the cabins but not all fixed yet.  

Is the A/C fixed yet on the Anthem?

On 1/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I think passengers have medical issues doesn’t have much to do with a “cursed” ship.  I think I have heard alpha calls on every cruise I have been on.  Cruises at this time of the year are filled with people beyond the age of high school.

Now in this case with the AC issues who knows if that is causal.  Most likely not, but I am sure some “fine” lawyers will try to cash in on the otherwise side.

jc

Can we not automatically assume that someone is going to try to cheat and grab a lawyer? I was on that ship and I heard the alpha alpha alpha in stateroom 11255, I think, and I prayed for them. I hoped that they were not among those without air conditioning along with an ongoing cardiac or respiratory condition that no air conditioning could exacerbate. 

I have also seen some comments on CC that it wasn't all that bad to not have air conditioning. We personally had no problems, but I can sympathize with those that did have a problem. You never know when it can change affect your health.