When will they annouce Around the World 2021 and its segments.

TraceyB

There are two answers to your question. 

1. Oceania will first announce the details of its 2021 RTW cruise. As stated above, probably within the next couple of months.

2. Segments of the RTW will be released when the other first half 2021 cruises are released, probably in the September to October time frame. 

Cruisers will have plenty of time to book #1 before the segments are released. If history repeats itself, everything PH3 and above for the RTW will go within days of release.

Not only do PH3 and above move fast so do the Inside categories and if the itinerary is great lots of worldies from previous years have groups of them sign up as well.

Edited by cbb

After seeing the new itinerary when it's released, if it looks like something you'd want to book, plan to do it first thing in the morning on opening day!  We told our TA what cabin we wanted (and a few alternatives) and gave her all the info for the 20% deposit. She got us what we wanted and said that a huge amount of the ship was booked that day.  Best wishes!

Just for clarification, if you want a PH3 and above or an inside, you’d better tell your TA several days in advance so they can prebook. There are politics involved in which TAs and their clients get which cabins. Demand can certainly overwhelm supply and it’ Not s good time to be “ late for lunch” or not to have an O savvy TA.

Edited by pinotlover

Katie;

I believe the answer to when O will move to the significantly larger ships is a demand driven question. I believe most that can , or want to do so, are already booking. There are a few that skips if they can’t get the cabin (OS, VS, or PH) of their choice but the majority get on. It then becomes an issue of how well the “more difficult “ segments sell. You’ll notice that the Marina will stop going to South Pacific because they can’t reasonably sell the cruises. The RTW doesn’t even go there anymore. Adding extra capacity to hard to sell Segments is not an equation to success. Additionally, I have personally heard many harshly negative comments from those on Segments that complain about the clickiness and attitude of the worldies . My attitude is , and always has been, that those worldies spent a lot of money for that cruise along with spending a lot of time with those fellow worldies, so don’t even consider raining on their parade. Not withstanding that, I can tell you many choose to avoid segments on RTW cruises. This makes selling more cabins on those difficult to sell segments even more difficult. 

17 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Katie;

I believe the answer to when O will move to the significantly larger ships is a demand driven question. I believe most that can , or want to do so, are already booking. There are a few that skips if they can’t get the cabin (OS, VS, or PH) of their choice but the majority get on. It then becomes an issue of how well the “more difficult “ segments sell. You’ll notice that the Marina will stop going to South Pacific because they can’t reasonably sell the cruises. The RTW doesn’t even go there anymore.

You better tell the ATW 19 worldies that they are not going to the South Pacific because they think they will sailing there next month.

• Haha 1

Just a word of advice that we discovered upon booking our 2021 WC on Regent. Let your travel agent know your interest. We use a high volume agent whose agency books a lot of cruises. The agency and many others get around 3 days ability to book prior to general public. In spite of booking day one, we still had to negotiate a few cabins. As this is our first long voyage we were glad to talk to our travel agent a month or two prior to booking and glad not surprised by % required down, the need to buy insurance the first 10 days to cover pre existing conditions (insurance is expensive) and the need to insure the deposit.

As for segments, I do not know about Oceania, but we have had friends that have done several Segments on Regents WC and were treated wonderfully and had a great time.