Mini bar set up

DonnaGeoff

2 hours ago, DonnaGeoff said:

Can you pay an "up charge" to get Bud Light switched for Dos Equis?

No. You can ask room service what other beers are available for the exchange. But, if you want a beer that is not on their exchange menu you will pay full price.

2 hours ago, DonnaGeoff said:

On our last Princess cruise (Crown, April, 2018), when I called room service to switch out the mini bar items, I asked for Bud Light for the Dos Equis and they did it no questions asked and no extra charges.  May have been a fluke, but it happened and made us very happy.  Going to try it again this April on the Regal.

Can't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, DonnaGeoff said:

We were able to switch to bud light without paying anything extra. This was on the Regal Princess during a Caribbean cruise

• Like 1

Princess has fallen behind on beer.  They still only carry a very few ‘ordinary’ brands.  They stated that they were going to start stocking regional beers, though mostly in the bars.  I’m from Portland, Oregon.  Our neighborhood Safeway has an entire row of craft beers, even a few on tap to fill your own growler.

I have never had a problem trading one bottle of alcohol for another.  I usually change out our bar setup for gin and tonic but keep the Dos Equis.  You can change out the bar setup for anything that room service has which is a subset of what the bars offer.  I trade out everything that is not alcohol for tonic.  Ms satxdiver usually gets the soda package so she is on her own.