Ocean Ready Agravating

Pickels

I am having problems trying to take a picture of the passport, mine worked but my wifes continually goes out of landscape mode so cant take the picture. It is an old Samsung galaxy 4 phone but dont know how to stop the switch  of picture modes.

22 minutes ago, dblackinsk said:

I am having problems trying to take a picture of the passport, mine worked but my wifes continually goes out of landscape mode so cant take the picture. It is an old Samsung galaxy 4 phone but dont know how to stop the switch  of picture modes.

There's a whole thread dedicated to Ocean Medallion questions that might be a better place for this question, having said that you should be able to use a photo that is already on your phone, so if you want to take the picture outside of the app, or if the phone itself is the problem, take it on a different phone and then text it to that phone, either should be a good work-around.

Have a great cruise.  2 months ago today I was on a cruise with a medallion.  Found it to be a great addition to the experience and it made check-in barely more involved than when you come back on board at a port.  I'm guessing things have just improved with time since some of the older posts in this thread that are calling out issues I did not notice in my week on board with it.

18 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

There's a whole thread dedicated to Ocean Medallion questions that might be a better place for this question, having said that you should be able to use a photo that is already on your phone, so if you want to take the picture outside of the app, or if the phone itself is the problem, take it on a different phone and then text it to that phone, either should be a good work-around.

Have a great cruise.  2 months ago today I was on a cruise with a medallion.  Found it to be a great addition to the experience and it made check-in barely more involved than when you come back on board at a port.  I'm guessing things have just improved with time since some of the older posts in this thread that are calling out issues I did not notice in my week on board with it.

First it was the passport picture not the profile so any old picture would not work and also it was connected to the document screen so you could not just use something else. Secondly I managed to get it to the phone and have completed that section now.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:15 AM, janniebabe said:

On the CB in November and have been able to complete everything but the "Cruise Personalizer" circle on the app.  Still shows no green circle.  On Princess our names are green indicating all is done (I guess!).  Have even been able to order our Medallions without problem.  That lack of a green circle is bugging me tho - has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to rectify it?  Thanks!

We are on CB in November doing a B2B.  As soon as I made our final payment today, the circle turned green.  Hallelujah! 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:23 AM, Pickels said:

I know they are all working hard to get the "bugs" out of the system but, this has nothing to do with "bugs"... I was able to complete the Ocean Ready app; entered all the options, photos, security, passports, and PIN.  Was able to review all the data; signed in, reviewed, all OK.  Today I tried to log in and received "user/password do not match".  Did not change the password; logged in with the same password that I used last week. Aw! now no good!  Who changed what?  Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I know your pain! I got the same message on my phone multiple times when I tried to enter the data. After many attempts I switched over to my wife's phone and was able to get all the info entered for both of us and remarkably FedEx indicates our Medallions were shipped. Hopefully they are right and both are on the way. The following day I attempted to log-in on my wife's phone and I got the same message on her phone indicating password doesn't match. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING! 

9 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

Here is a question I have about the medallions.... I have a phone, my husband does not. (Yes, he is one rare person who does not have a cell phone).  Is it worth having the app just on my phone?

Here is just my two cents.  I have had all the problems mentioned above and had to call Princess.  About 9-11 days later I got a voicemail from Princess saying they fixed my app and to log in using a certain log in.  Did and everything looks fine now.  But I didn't fix it and don't know what they did.  I have not finished entering information as I have already decided to forego getting my medallions mailed to me early.  Just one more thing to shove in my purse or worse, forget!  Grin.  So if you are like me, just get your medallions when you check in on embarkation day.  Of course, go into your account on the website and make sure you fill out all the information there.  That's easy!  When you get on board go as soon as you can(no hurry just that first day) to the internet cafe and have the guy install the on board Princess log on and separate log off apps onto your phone.  Use this to see what activities are coming up etc.  That's what I do.  With the separate logon and logoff apps I don't forget or have problems logging off after using some of my free internet minutes.  In the past, I have forgotten or incorrectly logged out and lost minutes that way!

Pooh

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Here is just my two cents.  I have had all the problems mentioned above and had to call Princess.  About 9-11 days later I got a voicemail from Princess saying they fixed my app and to log in using a certain log in.  Did and everything looks fine now.  But I didn't fix it and don't know what they did.  I have not finished entering information as I have already decided to forego getting my medallions mailed to me early.  Just one more thing to shove in my purse or worse, forget!  Grin.  So if you are like me, just get your medallions when you check in on embarkation day.  Of course, go into your account on the website and make sure you fill out all the information there.  That's easy!  When you get on board go as soon as you can(no hurry just that first day) to the internet cafe and have the guy install the on board Princess log on and separate log off apps onto your phone.  Use this to see what activities are coming up etc.  That's what I do.  With the separate logon and logoff apps I don't forget or have problems logging off after using some of my free internet minutes.  In the past, I have forgotten or incorrectly logged out and lost minutes that way!

Pooh

Thanks!!! This helped!

5 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We also got our medallions at the pier.  It didn't take any longer than the old check-in process, and we saved ourselves the aggravation that a lot of people are apparently having.  

I think I'll follow your advice & Pooh's advice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabrielle R. said:

Here is a question I have about the medallions.... I have a phone, my husband does not. (Yes, he is one rare person who does not have a cell phone).  Is it worth having the app just on my phone?

I'll provide a different view...I did Ocean Ready and loved it. I had exactly zero challenges or frustrations in setting it up.  It worked perfectly from download to embark and delivered on its promises.  I am well aware that's not the case for everyone, but I can attest that it was the case for some.

I did both me and my wife' Ocean Ready documents & photos entirely on my phone, up to and including having both our Ocean Ready boarding passes on my phone.  She did not need her phone at all.  You can also print ocean ready boarding passes.  It was the fastest check-in we've ever experienced and I recommend it to anyone.  Having said that, check-in has never been a big deal with Princess, it would NOT be a big deal to just get it when you arrive, but it was definitely rewarding absolutely blazing through having everything done already.  It was barely more involved than re-boarding after getting off on a port.  They have to physically verify that your passport matches up with the image you uploaded but that takes a matter of seconds.  Probably reduced the check-in process from 20 minutes to 5 between the time saved having everything pre-loaded and the lack of a line on ocean ready compared to the line for traditional check-in.  Individual mileage may vary, this was my experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PMGS247 said:

I'll provide a different view...I did Ocean Ready and loved it. I had exactly zero challenges or frustrations in setting it up.  It worked perfectly from download to embark and delivered on its promises.  I am well aware that's not the case for everyone, but I can attest that it was the case for some.

I did both me and my wife' Ocean Ready documents & photos entirely on my phone, up to and including having both our Ocean Ready boarding passes on my phone.  She did not need her phone at all.  You can also print ocean ready boarding passes.  It was the fastest check-in we've ever experienced and I recommend it to anyone.  Having said that, check-in has never been a big deal with Princess, it would NOT be a big deal to just get it when you arrive, but it was definitely rewarding absolutely blazing through having everything done already.  It was barely more involved than re-boarding after getting off on a port.  They have to physically verify that your passport matches up with the image you uploaded but that takes a matter of seconds.  Probably reduced the check-in process from 20 minutes to 5 between the time saved having everything pre-loaded and the lack of a line on ocean ready compared to the line for traditional check-in.  Individual mileage may vary, this was my experience.

same for us , except .... she set it all up on her phone , never used mine at all , stayed in safe on ship ... just like always

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

same for us , except .... she set it all up on her phone , never used mine at all , stayed in safe on ship ... just like always

Yeah if you're travelling as a pair, the phones don't affect each other in any way.  Whether your travelling partner has a phone or not has zero impact on what you can & can't do on your own phone, other than message the other person's phone, obviously.

12 minutes ago, coconut cruiser said:

We had so many problems setting up the Ocean Ready for our cruise this year, my husband wants to cancel the next cruise and do a land based trip instead.  I have to admit it is so much easier to arrange hotel than cruise.

That's true of a land hotel vs a cruise in general...a cruise is significantly more complicated, but it seems a bit of a stretch to put that whole difference on Ocean Ready specifically.

49 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Thanks! You gave me something to think about!!