HMC Cabana Butler Service sold out, waitlisted

fatcat04

Due to prior experience and having booked three prior cabanas, we booked our cabana on Half Moon Cay as soon as the excursions opened up for our cruise. We were uncertain about the Butler Service but recently decided to go ahead. I went to book it and the Butler Service is "sold out," something we have never experienced with our other 3 cabanas and to be honest didn't realize would sell out.

We waitlisted and were told also to check immediately once we get onboard to see if more staff are available than the excursion department are able to book prior to the cruise.

Has anyone been waitlisted for the Butler Service and had success booking it either prior to the cruise or once onboard? Maybe the ship might allocate more butlers if there is a need?

I guess it is a warning to all to book your cabana AND butler well in advance.

Edited by fatcat04

Staff is not unlimited, (some people think they are) so I guess it makes sense. But I had not heard of this before. We have had a cabana 8 times, and a Butler 6 of the 8 times. We have always booked the Butler at the same time as the cabana...usually pretty early, to get the cabana we like.

Called my PCC today and while she didn't have any answers for me she is forwarding our situation to the Shore Excursion supervisor and told me she will be following up for us. She too had never heard of the Butler Service on HMC selling out after her 10 years with HAL but I know in recent years new issues seem to be popping up. This may just be one of them. I'll update when I know more. 

21 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Oh and another thing I noticed is there is still "Butler Service" available for the Villas but not the Cabanas. Things that make you go 🤔

Well,,,,,,,  I am  guessing you have compared the pricing and are not so surprised at the priority.

Yes????

As so, 'sold out'  ..  Other  guests acted first and  secured butler service for their cabana.   image.png.a2d870b54e342f0b12cfe690abbea6a2.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

7 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Well,,,,,,,  I am  guessing you have compared the pricing and are not so surprised at the priority.

Yes????

As so, 'sold out'  ..  Other  guests acted first and  secured butler service for their cabana.   image.png.a2d870b54e342f0b12cfe690abbea6a2.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Actually, there will be 5 adults in our cabana so the cost is $370 for 5. The Villa service is $400 for 8. I'd happily pay the $400 to secure the service as the difference is negligible but so far that is not an option. We will see. 

Edit: And to be clear, I am not blaming HAL and while I hope we can gleefully hand over $370-400 for this service, if it doesn't happen we will still have a great time. It just surprised us that this is the case as it apparently has been pretty rare. 

Edited by fatcat04

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

On NA now. I went to the Shore EXC desk as soon as we boarded (abt noon) and was easily able to book a Butler for our Cabana. So all's well that ends well. 

Glad it’s sorted out.  Have an awesome time! 

• Like 1