Long Beach (Carnival) Overflow Parking

douggw

I've heard and found limited information online, about Carnival having an "overflow" lot that is used on Saturdays.  The overflow lot is a city lot at "6th and Pine" and it's only $12 per day compared to almost double that at the normal Carnival parking garage.  I also have heard there is a shuttle to take you to/from the pier.  Can anyone that has seen/done this RECENTLY confirm/deny this?  

I have called Carnival and they "have no knowledge"; nobody answers the phone at the parking garage (I have tried for days and days).  The city did confirm Carnival uses the lot for overflow at times, but couldn't confirm the shuttle.

Thank you!

No actual knowledge, never parked there. Used Google Earth, there are several "public" lots that are used for day shoppers in that area. Not positive, but looks like there is no security and unmanned. Appears you pay ahead and leave receipt on dashboard so you don't get towed. Carnival has no knowledge since they have zero connection to the operation other than a finger pointing the way. Personally if I parked there, I would be so worried to have a fun time on the ship.

We were just at the port and there is a huge multi-level parking garage a few feet from the cruise check in.  I can't imagine it would be full.  We came back from Catalina island yesterday when the Inspiration was in port and the lot looked mostly empty.  We were there about noon.  It looked like there were other lots around the Queen Mary also.   I would spend the extra $80 and park within walking distance of the ship.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 1/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We were just at the port and there is a huge multi-level parking garage a few feet from the cruise check in.  I can't imagine it would be full.  We came back from Catalina island yesterday when the Inspiration was in port and the lot looked mostly empty.  We were there about noon.  It looked like there were other lots around the Queen Mary also.   I would spend the extra $80 and park within walking distance of the ship.  

There's no problem parking at port when the Splendor is going to Hawaii.  When she's doing the MR itins parking gets full before 1pm.  

From what I've read the overflow lot has a shuttle running until 11:30.

Edited by SadieN