Newbie-need help and suggestion with booking

MTV43

Hi,

We are currently looking at 7 day Northern Europe round trip from Southampton-Stavanger, Olden, Flam, Bergen.  Ventura, Azura and Britannia seem to fall into our radar.  We are from US and normally booked directly with cruise line and few times from Travelocity, but always talked directly with a sale representative. It seems like P&O doesn't have that option and we have trouble with online booking as well because it does not recognize the phone number field and Travelocity does not list P&O line.  That said, we have few questions and greatly appreciate for your help:

1) How to make the reservation?

2) Ventura, Azura and Britannia - What is the best choice?

3) P&O cancellation policy - is it the same as other cruise line, ie. nonrefundable after 90 days?

Hi,

Call P&O direct, they will advise and I am sure they will take your booking.

We did this itinerary last year on Britannia, it was fantastic. The other ships are fine, but we loved Britannia.

If you cancel within the 90 days, you lose a percentage of the cost, ie 90-57 days -50% etc. This info is on their website.

Hope this helps,

Andy

4 hours ago, MTV43 said:

1) How to make the reservation?

2) Ventura, Azura and Britannia - What is the best choice?

3) P&O cancellation policy - is it the same as other cruise line, ie. nonrefundable after 90 days?

1.     My understanding is that persons who come from North America who wish to book with P&O UK should do so through   https://www.poamericas.com

2.     Ventura and Azura are both "Grand Class" ships which will be familiar to Princess Cruise Line passengers.   Britannia is a "Royal Class" ship again familiar to Princess Cruise Line passengers.  I should favour Azura or Ventura.

3.     The official website should give deta ils of the cancellation policy which will likely vary from UK bookings done in The United Kingdom.

Regards John                                                                                      

Edited by john watson

I booked a Baltic cruise for P&O on the Aurora for May 2019. I had to use Vacations to Go  since I live in the US.  They will price it in dollars for you.  I will know more after May.  The T/A I have has been very helpful with my questions.  

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Go through a Cruise Travel agent and you will get more discount on top of the price.

Close inspection of the posts so far seems to reveal an agent that offers up to 82% discount, although I have seen them offering even higher discount levels in the past.  UK cruisers can use them if they have previously used them for the same line as an established customer under the new rules.  It was permissible many years ago for any UK customer to book via US agents however the cruise lines subsequently changed the rules.  There are a few exceptions to the previous customer rule where new UK cruisers can still book.

Regards John