Family Lunch Zone?

MississippiMom

Does anyone have experience with the “Family Lunch Zone” that I have seen referenced a couple of times?  I am curious if it will be offered on our March 2019 Glory cruise?  it would, definitely, be easier to have our entire family (ages 3 - 81) eat the embarkation day lunch buffet in a dining room than trying to have my elderly parents maneuver trays on the busy deck.

I have never heard of a Family Lunch Zone.  There is a Ol Fashioned BBQ buffet on deck 10 aft.  This is right above the lido buffet.  You can access this by the elevator or stairs that go directly into the lido buffet.  It is usually very quiet on embarkation day.  The food there is usually comfort food and really good.  Even if family members want to go grab food from the Lido, it is a great place to sit together and enjoy some family time.

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

Does anyone have experience with the “Family Lunch Zone” that I have seen referenced a couple of times?  I am curious if it will be offered on our March 2019 Glory cruise?  it would, definitely, be easier to have our entire family (ages 3 - 81) eat the embarkation day lunch buffet in a dining room than trying to have my elderly parents maneuver trays on the busy deck.

I've never heard of a Family Lunch Zone.

Carnival stopped furnishing trays at the buffet some time ago.  You will be maneuvering your lunch with a plate in one hand, napkin and utensils in one hand, and drinks, not sure where.

20 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I believe the Family Lunch Zone is only being tested on one ship right now, which I think is Liberty.  Hopefully someone will come along who has more information and/or experience with this concept. 

Or ask the Grand Brand Poo-bah for Carnival what's up with this pilot program. We'd try it if it goes fleet wide.

I have never heard of a Family Lunch Zone.  There is a Ol Fashioned BBQ buffet on deck 10 aft.  This is right above the lido buffet.  You can access this by the elevator or stairs that go directly into the lido buffet.  It is usually very quiet on embarkation day.  The food there is usually comfort food and really good.  Even if family members want to go grab food from the Lido, it is a great place to sit together and enjoy some family time.

This will likely be the less crowded area.

On January 20, 2019 at 1:57 PM, bury me at sea said:

I've never heard of a Family Lunch Zone.

Carnival stopped furnishing trays at the buffet some time ago.  You will be maneuvering your lunch with a plate in one hand, napkin and utensils in one hand, and drinks, not sure where.

Or you can put your napkin & utensils in your pocket & carry your drink in the other handd.

I posted on John Heald's Facebook page - "What's the status on embarkation day "Family Lunch Zone"?  Still in testing mode?"

I got the following reply -

"I am sure John will share news on this as soon as he can.  Thanks, Jacinta"

(I have no clue who Jacinta is, but, at least, my post was read by someone who has the authorization to reply back as John Heald.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I posted on John Heald's Facebook page - "What's the status on embarkation day "Family Lunch Zone"?  Still in testing mode?"

I got the following reply -

"I am sure John will share news on this as soon as he can.  Thanks, Jacinta"

(I have no clue who Jacinta is, but, at least, my post was read by someone who has the authorization to reply back as John Heald.)

Jacinta is John's assistant and she responds for him when he's not available.

• Thanks 1