TSA calling in backup staff, due to absentees

GeezerCouple

On 1/20/2019 at 3:04 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Calling in more people who are not being paid to cover other people who are not being paid. 

I passed through Vegas just over a week ago.  The security people came across as less engaged that what I am use to at airports in the US.  Not certain that is a good thing or bad thing.  They were a bit more friendly to.  Hope they get paid soon.

Would be great if after this is sorted out they change the laws to remove these artificial crisis situations.  In other systems of government the principle is the government continues to work with the previous years budget unless the politicians pass a new budget changing it.   

11 hours ago, Coolcruise02 said:

We just recently went through TSA in Fort Lauderdale and they were the nicest, friendliest  group we have encountered in years!

You got lucky.   I go through FLL all the time and generally find the agents there to be among the rudest, most unfriendly agents anywhere.

I had guests say that the lines at SLC were down the hallway to the parking structure at the Delta Terminal...   And, Sundance Film Festival crowd comes in starting today and leaves in waves from Sunday to next Saturday.  And, then the FIS Freestyle World Championships (with thousands of people attending), start Feb 1, ending the 10th.  So there will be a few days the next 2 weeks or so where departure lines can get huge...  Will be interesting...

9 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

You got lucky.   I go through FLL all the time and generally find the agents there to be among the rudest, most unfriendly agents anywhere.

I agree! That's why we were pleasantly surprised. It's like they were bending over backwards to help everyone.