BOOKING CANCELLED BY MSC

windlicht

As I was just posting my question about the current or upcoming Seaside shows, I received an email from MSC that my booking was cancelled per my request.

What??? I mean:  WHAT???? 

I did not cancel my booking.  I just made it two days ago. And of course, it's too late to call.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?

I would just rebook and demand my booking fee to be refunded but I am afraid they are going to do the same again.

Thoughts?

Maike

7 hours ago, windlicht said:

I would just rebook and demand my booking fee to be refunded but I am afraid they are going to do the same again.

Thoughts?

Maike

Booking fee? Care to explain?  MSC doesn't charge a booking fee. 

We sure hope the OP comes back here and further explains the outcome.  Now, he/she has provided too little info for us to draw any kind of conclusion.  For example, what kind of booking fee?  There should be no booking fee if booked direct with MSC, and few legitimate cruise/travel agents charge a booking fee...although some may charge a cancellation fee.  My other thought is that the cruise was never booked and the deposit never paid.  It may have simply been on courtesy hold...which usually expires within 1 or 2 days unless it is followed up with a real booking including the payment of a deposit.

Hank

Ah sorry.  Yes, the DEPOSIT.  If you cancel, it's not returned so it might as well a booking fee lol.

As for the courtesy hold... No, I booked the cruise and got my documents. And then it was mysteriously cancelled. Time to call.

29 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

Glad it's sorted, but I'm concerned that you say the deposit isn't returned if you cancel / yet you seem to be posting from the US.  The deposit is refundable if you cancel within a certain timeframe. 

You're right.  Jeez, I sure got some judgy responses here.  I am sorry I posted this.  It clearly had no purpose since people got hung up on details instead of telling me whether they had experienced random cancellations....

I guess I would get my deposit back up until day 90. My apologies to everyone for the multiple mistakes I have made, which clearly offended.  Thank you for taking the time to not answer my question. OK, rant over.

13 minutes ago, windlicht said:

You're right.  Jeez, I sure got some judgy responses here.  I am sorry I posted this.  It clearly had no purpose since people got hung up on details instead of telling me whether they had experienced random cancellations....

I guess I would get my deposit back up until day 90. My apologies to everyone for the multiple mistakes I have made, which clearly offended.  Thank you for taking the time to not answer my question. OK, rant over.

I didn't read anything judgy in anyone's response. Some asked for more details which is completely fair as you need to know the whole picture before making an informed response.

Maybe no one answered your direct question because it hasn't happened to them?

Also if your booking got cancelled the first thing to do would be to call the people who cancelled it to find out what was going on at the first opportunirty that they were open?

If they cancelled they are the only that could have fixed it. 

Obviously it was a mistake Thats now been rectified.  Welcome to the world of MSC. Glad its been sorted. Enjoy the cruise.