St Thomas advice from those experienced

soonernstlouis

Hi everyone.

Going on a 7 day cruise in September where St Thomas is the 1st stop.  I’ve been researching what folks say here & Tripadvisor and tentatively am planning the following:

•Leave ship early/docks at 8:00 in West Indian Co.  It appears to be the only ship docking that day.

•Head immediately for Skyride to Paradise Point.  I’ve heard here that 2 for 1 or half price tickets are available near the docks.  Anyone know exactly where?  Also heard morning is better than evening for pictures there.

•Take a cab at the port to Megan’s Bay.  Considered other beaches but with only 1 ship in port it shouldn’t be as crowded and the water looks very tranquil for my non-swimming wife.

•Head back around 1-2 & shop at Havensight.  Not expecting much there but really don’t want to be far from port after 3pm (leaving at 5).

•Eat lunch near port.  Hope that Senor Frog is reopened by then but welcome any close by good food (especially local fare or Mexican) suggestions.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by soonernstlouis

You’ve planned a typical itinerary for a first visit, and if you are the only ship in STT Magens will be tolerable. We would just plan to go to PP after the beach to relax with the view and a cocktail and then head back to the ship from the tram. Don’t know your port times but sounds like you are choosing the spots you want to see! One stop I think worth stopping at is Mountain Top or Drake’s Seat for the spectacular view of Magens and the islands off the north shore. Maybe you can fit that in...

Edited by blue_water

10 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

•Eat lunch near port.  Hope that Senor Frog is reopened by then but welcome any close by good food (especially local fare or Mexican) suggestions.

Thanks for your advice.

Even if Senor Frogs is reopened by then, I'd skip it and head to The Smoking Rooster instead. Strong drinks and really good BBQ. We've been there several times. It's right there near the pier at that first berth. (This photo was taken from our balcony.)

SmokingRooster.jpg

Edited by idahospud