Medallion delivered!

sprint180

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you very much for this video, I appreciate it very much.  My MAJOR concern is that there is a lot of information that is being asked to be downloaded through my phone and I don't feel secure doing that.  I don't have any special security on my phone and no way to tell if the downloaded information will be safe to transmit.

I get it; if security concerns bother you; then you can wait till you arrive at port;  however, if you download the app to your smartphone there is nothing else to download.  You use your phone to take a selphie of yourself and take a picture of your passport;  that is all. Then it asks you if you want your medallion to be mailed to your home, or waiting on you when you arrive at the port.    The only thing you download is the app;  but i get it; you may still be concerned,  if you are, then just wait;  as you see in this video, Princess has a dedicated area for ocean medallion at your ships gate.  One more thing,  you will only be able to sign into the Ocean Ready app 60 days prior to sailing.  Prior to 60 days you may get an error message.  Hope this helps

Edited by AF-1

Below is a screenshot of the Princess apps I have downloaded to my smartphone for next months trip.  Each app does something different.  I am looking forward to using the apps along with the new medallion.net super fast wifi onboard

IMG_0300.PNG

10 hours ago, c-boy said:

9 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Amazon, there is several different kinds.  I don't like things around my neck and these can hook on a belt loop, purse or whatever.  And you can easily unhook and give to your waiter if need be

9 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Thanks for the information! I will be ordering these tomorrow.

If you have any other medallion questions; I will try and answer to the best of my ability.  Since only two ships are up and running; I feel that once they get maybe three or four more ships completed this year; the program will run very smooth.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Italy52 said:

..... My MAJOR concern is that there is a lot of information that is being asked to be downloaded through my phone and I don't feel secure doing that.  I don't have any special security on my phone and no way to tell if the downloaded information will be safe to transmit.

What? All you need to do is add your personal info including passport info, DOB, address, photo and a few other details into an app that will forever hold it in cyberspace!  

What could possibly go wrong?  🤔

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

What? All you need to do is add your personal info including passport info, DOB, address, photo and a few other details into an app that will forever hold it in cyberspace!  

Funny!

18 hours ago, Pickels said:

CAN WE MAKE THE ASSUMPTION THAT IF THE INFORMATLION IN YOUR OCEAN READY APP IS CORRECT, THEN WHAT'S ON THE MADALLION IS ALSO CORRECT?

Essentially the only information on the medallion is a unique ID code that matches to records maintained by Princess and loaded onto the ship's computers before sailing. The Ocean Ready app shows you your information in Princess' database. The same data will be loaded onto the ship. Barring any data transfer errors, you will have the same information on the ship.

It's important to understand the distinction as to where your data is stored. If your personal information were on the medallion itself, stolen or lost medallions could eventually be hacked by nefarious people with bad intent. Not saying that Princess' database or the ship's database would never be hacked but their protections are much greater.

11 hours ago, gottagocit said:

:classic_biggrin: My thoughts exactly!!

Edited by Ms SailAway

Sailing on Regal 10 February.  Just got our Medallions.  While this is "only" our 15th Princess cruise, the center of the Medallions appears black...ish (or a really dark blue?).  We are still considered Platinum officially, but this looks like some incorrect assignment either way.  Inserts are blue.  We'll see what our supplemental card color is once at PE.  Any bets?

Side note, I completed the Ocean Ready process months ago and was told we'd need to pick ours up at the port.  I subsequently saw others registering after me getting home shipments or similar notifications.  I deleted the original order from the app and placed a new order soon thereafter.  This new order processed for home delivery which took less than a week from Singapore to Virginia.