Wine package

gm217

23 minutes ago, gm217 said:

Does anyone know if the Crown offers a wine package.

Thanks

It’s been my experience that all ships sailing 10+ day cruises will offer wine packages subject to having sufficient inventory.  We purchase ours from our MDR waitstaff who will deliver our wine & can earn them some extra benefits.

Here’s a link to updated wine packages as the new wine list gets implemented.

1 minute ago, gm217 said:

On our last cruise on the add almond fron Auckland to Sydney this package was not offered.  Maybe it had to do with the itinerary .

I’ve read that offerings downunder can vary from other destinations around the world & that wine packages weren’t offered there.  It’s been posted that the inexpensive bottled water package is also unavailable downunder.

25 minutes ago, rockdoctor said:

Be careful how the itenerary is sold. We were on a three week cruise sold as a 1, 2 or 3 week cruise. No wine packages.

That is interesting because on our 21 day Med cruise which was offered as shorter versions, we were able to purchase it.  

It was offered on the Crown Princess Christmas cruise. Unfortunately, they had been drawing down on their inventory since October in anticipation of the switch to the new wine offerings.  At half of our dinners we could not get our first choice wine.  In fact when it happened the second evening we just started giving our waiter two choices since the wine lists hadn't been updated with 'unavailable' notations.  If I remember correctly, on one night we might have had to make a 3rd choice.  The waiters, head waiter and even the maitre'd were very apologetic but we realized it wasn't their fault.  It is the one thing we gave a failing grade on that cruise. 

We did ask when the new inventory would be available and no one hazard a guess.  I hope everything will we worked out by your cruise!