Small Party in a suite

milolii

Hello, I researched this topic and threads I found  are several years old, so I opted to start a new thread. 

Is is it still accurate that the butler will,set up for a party in your suite?  Is there a charge for food?  What type  of food can we order?  I know their is a charge for drinks.  Does anyone have any recent experience with this?  Any help would be appreciated.  I do understand we should, give as much notice as possible and of course tip additionally. Can you set this up before sailing through NCL? 

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, milolii said:

Hello, I researched this topic and threads I found  are several years old, so I opted to start a new thread. 

Is is it still accurate that the butler will,set up for a party in your suite?  Is there a charge for food?  What type  of food can we order?  I know their is a charge for drinks.  Does anyone have any recent experience with this?  Any help would be appreciated.  I do understand we should, give as much notice as possible and of course tip additionally. Can you set this up before sailing through NCL? 

Thank you.

Yes you can indeed do that. We had a small party like that once. We asked for some appies/snacks from the room service menu that we liked, and even things from the buffet are available, I know that because the Butler offered to bring bite-size pieces of pizza, which I assume he got from the buffet (and had cut up). We also had cheese and crackers, some grapes and strawberries, and a couple other things like cookies. I can't remember exactly. But it was very nice and the Butler seemed happy to do it for us.

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sorry, I never noticed your last question. I think it would be difficult to set this up before you board. The butler will be busy with his current peeps. But once onboard, ask him or her and it will be fine. Enjoy!

Raises an interesting discussion:

Yes your butler on embarkation would be busy tending to all the suites that he has to handle -

It may be possible to have a sail-away embarkation party in your suite/haven -

The particulars about food beverage timing for that party could be worked out with the Pre-cruise Concierge -

If in an OS DOS or a Garden Villa it is certainly possible -

The charge for food - basic snackies horsed-overs almost anything from the buffet would be complimentary -

As for caviar - bits of lobster etc. expect to pay some nominal charge - really why of course LOL

If in a OS DOS Garden the beverages for the most part would be complimentary - EXCEPTION Alcohol -

More in likely all or everyone in the suite would have the UBP and it would be possible to have a concession

arranged to either have the butler serve them or a bar tender available to take orders -

The OS DOS and Garden Villas get complimentary booze 3-6 bottles of choice so you could make it a do it yourself bar.

For other suites (or cabins) it is possible to order a Bar-Set-Up for your suite -

Depending on the port and state of embarkation liquor service in a suite or cabin maybe be subject to fuzzy

fritzy obscure regulations - you can't have hard stuff but may wine to hearts delight i.e. Hawaii for instance -

Work out the details with Concierge or Hotel Director - YMMV by ship and staff.

The main thing here is to open a discussion with the pre-cruise concierge to see what exactly NCL can do to

make your party a success or to hand off to the ships staff the arrangements that can be made.

And it goes without saying - *TIPS* ! - nothing more to add to this - I'll drink to that !

Yes, I agree try and work through the pre-cruise concierge if you are thinking a sailaway party. Hopefully he or she will do a better job than the one time I was in contact with one, when they first started doing that for suites! Mine was basically useless and really did not help me out much. They had offered pre-cruise help with choices of pillows, requests for certain items (like particular mixers, etc) in your cabin. When I boarded, really nothing had been done or communicated to the butler. But like I say, that was several years ago. Maybe by now they have it down. Certainly worth a shot.

16 hours ago, milolii said:

Thank you.

depends on what you order - we had a party when we sailed though the panama canal in our forward facing suite for like 10 people - we ordered all kinds of food off the room service menu and were not charged anything - I think if you get things like shrimp, canapés etc on a platter you will get charged - but off the menu no

Thank you all for your replies. I only wondered if the pre-cruise concierge would help the Butler with their planning. But my experience is the same as those notesdabove, nothing was communicated.  I wondered if things have changed in the past few years. 

I agree embackation day is too busy. I would choose another day.  I think the room service menu will work. 

16 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sorry, I never noticed your last question. I think it would be difficult to set this up before you board. The butler will be busy with his current peeps. But once onboard, ask him or her and it will be fine. Enjoy!

We have a party every cruise for the last 5 or so.  Telling the butler when you first meet then a reminder a day or so prior always worked for me.  If you mention it to the concierge, and they are good, you will get nice special attention from both.  We always get a complimentary bottle of Champagne and a nice cake.  We always have some sort of Anniversary party.  Remember the concierge is the butlers boss.  If they are both in the loop, it helps.  John D'sousa NCL concierge gave me that tid bit of info.  He was awesome.