Specialty dining

h-sar

We received a specialty dining perk from our TA for our next Princess cruise. In the past, we’ve always gone to the dinner, so the following question has never come up. Should we choose not to go this time, is the perk lost or does it revert to an equivalent OBC to be used as we wish? The dining perk is showing up on our on-board reservations as specialty dining. Am guessing we will lose it (and if that’s the case, we’ll go), but thought I’d check here. 

Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, h-sar said:

We received a specialty dining perk from our TA for our next Princess cruise. In the past, we’ve always gone to the dinner, so the following question has never come up. Should we choose not to go this time, is the perk lost or does it revert to an equivalent OBC to be used as we wish? The dining perk is showing up on our on-board reservations as specialty dining. Am guessing we will lose it (and if that’s the case, we’ll go), but thought I’d check here. 

Thank you. 

I would not just ignore it......

You can ask for a credit. Sometimes they will sometimes not.

5 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Generally it is a use it or lose it affair. You can ask for credit, but not likely.

I thought the same with the balcony breakfast from the TA.

We didn't want it and they gave me a $45 credit back to my onboard account. (not an OBC)

Just called room service.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I think it depends on  how the perk was given. If it is a Princess promo - I don't know.

If it is a perk from your TA (a gift) - I have been able to turn these in and get credit. It maybe difficult to know unless you know if you were booked under a promo with the dining perk.

There was one cruise where our TA gave us a dinner. We were on a B2B and got it on our 2nd cruise. I didn't want to repeat the restaurant so we turned it in and got the money put on our account.

Edited by Coral

Thanks, everyone.

As per usual, the only consistency within Princes is....inconsistency 😁. The dinner shows up as a perk from the TA, with her company named as the ‘gift giver.’ I will check upon boarding about credit as an alternative, but will definitely use rather than lose! 

Just now, h-sar said:

Thanks, everyone.

As per usual, the only consistency within Princes is....inconsistency 😁. The dinner shows up as a perk from the TA, with her company named as the ‘gift giver.’ I will check upon boarding about credit as an alternative, but will definitely use rather than lose! 

Yes - it will often show up that way even as a Princess perk. I recently booked under the current promo and I can see it that same way. Again, if it is a Princess perk - I don't know how they deal with it. Please report back.