Thoughts on post cruise excursion, Miami Hop on Hop off bus?

micdee

We will be departing the Equinox in a few weeks at the Port of Miami.  Our flight later that day departs FLL at 7pm.  Was hoping to use the luggage valet service but that's out because we are flying Southwest and the flight time cut off is 6:30 pm.

Has anyone done the Celebrity Hop on Hop off bus Miami drop off at FLL?  If so, do you remember what time you had to be off the ship and also what time the excursion got you back to the airport?  Don't feel like spending the day at the airport or renting a car.  Really just wanted to hang out at the Bayside Marketplace, but don't want to schlepp our luggage. Thought this excursion might fit the bill, but don't want to arrive back at the airport before 4pm.

I`ve done this Hop on Hop off twice just to pass time before our international flight at 5.15. It`s...ok.

Personally, and I`ve done this before, try BAGBNB. Book online . Take a cab to Bayfront, drop off luggage at BAGBNB place, pick it up when you wish to go to airport. Taxi easily available at Bayfront.

The one I used last time was one block behind Biscayne. A sandwich shop with a locked room for storage...recommended.

I seem to recall meeting at 7.20 for disembark and bus departure at 8.30 

I have done this twice for flights out of Miami after 7.   It was $59 and we met in Celebrity Central at 7:30.  They sign you up and at 8 o'clock they lead you off the ship.  In Sept things were backed up and we didn't leave Central until almost 8:30.   You go to the right and look for the bus,  have to give them your tickets and they give you some papers,  and they put your luggage under the bus if you have any.    They drive you to Bayside and you take your luggage to a little storage area there.  They hold it until you are ready to go.   You can hang around the marketplace,  or do the Big Bus Tour.  There are two different routes,  Beach and City. I think the above poster is right, 1, 3 and 5 were the departure times.   We chose 3 each time,  as our flights were close to 7 and it we thought 5 was too late,  especially if there was traffic.    You grab your luggage from the storage area and they put it under the bus and take you to the airport.    Helpful hint:  After you enter the airport go directly upstairs to departures,  this will save you so much time.  This worked for us because of the transportation, gave us something to do for hours,  and we were able to use OBC.    There are plenty of shops and places to eat at Bayside.  Also you could take any number of boat tours.  

• Like 1

Hi we arrive back into Port Everglades post cruise and there is a Big Bus Tour ending in MIA, does anyone know if it would be possible to take the big bus tour but not go to the airport.  We are staying in Miami for 3 days but would like to do the tour, we just do not want to go to the airport.

11 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Hi we arrive back into Port Everglades post cruise and there is a Big Bus Tour ending in MIA, does anyone know if it would be possible to take the big bus tour but not go to the airport.  We are staying in Miami for 3 days but would like to do the tour, we just do not want to go to the airport.

There is no head count. You could just collect your luggage at the pick up point and ...vanish

5 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Thank you that would be really great for us, I wonder how late you can pick up your luggage

Well, when we were there in November we picked up our luggage at 1.30 and there was still luggage waiting to be uplifted from the van. 

Big Bus would be more able to confirm how late.

See my also post re BAGBNB above as a possible alternative

I would say you would pick up your luggage before the last bus to the airport.   They do ask you what time you are going to head to the airport.   I would tell them then that you will store your luggage,  pick up before the last bus,  and that you have your own travel arrangements. 

1 hour ago, micheleata said:

I would say you would pick up your luggage before the last bus to the airport.   They do ask you what time you are going to head to the airport.   I would tell them then that you will store your luggage,  pick up before the last bus,  and that you have your own travel arrangements. 

Thankyou