Reservation for Cirque du Soleil shows on Meraviglia

Charlemagn

Hello all, 

I learn from previous posts that if I booked the Cirque du Soleil show before cruise, I have to reserve the exact time of the show when on board. However, when I was booking the show on the MSC website yesterday, the website did let me choose the date and time of the show. Do I need to go to the counter again when on board? The emailed invoice does not show the exact time. 

Thanks a lot. 

Edited by Charlemagn

8 hours ago, Charlemagn said:

Hello all, 

I learn from previous posts that if I booked the Cirque du Soleil show before cruise, I have to reserve the exact time of the show when on board. However, when I was booking the show on the MSC website yesterday, the website did let me choose the date and time of the show. Do I need to go to the counter again when on board? The emailed invoice does not show the exact time. 

Thanks a lot. 

We also booked a time on the website, but it DOES NOT follow through to the onboard ship records. You DEF have to rebook your day and time once on board, and the schedule of shows may be different from what you saw on the website!

11 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I thought I'd read if you called them you could book the date and time. I've not attempted to do so yet as we're some months away. 

No idea about that, even so you still need to rebook onboard as MSC website/Corporate have no concept of what happens 'portside' nor do they care to forward any kind of data to their ships. This is really frustrating, but is what it is, so you always need to double check and rebook any prior bookings once onboard.

We are on the ship right now. 

I pre reserved the date I wanted and time before boarding. We still had to re confirm once onboard. 

You will receive card in cabin asking you to do so.

I spoke with guys there on the booking reception to ask for specific seats as hubby has Spondylitis in neck, he cannot look up. They were very accommodating.

We are on the ship right now. 

I pre reserved the date I wanted and time before boarding. We still had to re confirm once onboard. 

You will receive card in cabin asking you to do so.

I spoke with guys there on the booking reception to ask for specific seats as hubby has Spondylitis in neck, he cannot look up. They were very accommodating.

We are back from the cruise!

When I got on the ship, I proceed to the counter to confirm the date.  The receptionist told me that since the actual schedule is different from what is shown on the MSC website, re-confirmation of date and time is necessary while on board. BTW, the counter was not crowded as described by previous cruisers. 

30 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Thank you so much for this information.  We are not going until October but never been on MSC so looking for all the information we can find :classic_smile:.  Sailing on the Meraviglia.  Did you enjoy the show?  Thanks.

We saw the very first Sonor show and enjoyed it - very sensory.  We're also on Meraviglia in Oct and I've just booked the Viaggio show (with cocktail - I only read one comment somewhere about the dinner and it was a negative one).

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We saw the very first Sonor show and enjoyed it - very sensory.  We're also on Meraviglia in Oct and I've just booked the Viaggio show (with cocktail - I only read one comment somewhere about the dinner and it was a negative one).

Thank you.  We were thinking of doing the cocktail option also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I am sailing the repo on the Meraviglia boarding April 16 in Genoa.  I have dinner and show reservations for both shows.  I had noticed that there were very few reviews so I figured I'd take a shot...I will be sure to review that part specifically for anyone interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EllaDuChien said:

I am sailing the repo on the Meraviglia boarding April 16 in Genoa.  I have dinner and show reservations for both shows.  I had noticed that there were very few reviews so I figured I'd take a shot...I will be sure to review that part specifically for anyone interested.

I'll be very interested in hearing of your experience onboard - all of it, including what you think of the show and dinner.  

I wrote one of the first reviews of Meraviglia on her first Med itinerary.  We're booked on her again in Oct next so will be following any and all news about her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'll be very interested in hearing of your experience onboard - all of it, including what you think of the show and dinner.  

I wrote one of the first reviews of Meraviglia on her first Med itinerary.  We're booked on her again in Oct next so will be following any and all news about her.

Its my first experience with MSC at all so it will certainly be interesting to compare to lines I've been on before.