TWO COUPLES; ONE PENTHOUSE?

jnik

Jnik, you sound like the kind of friends everyone would love to have!  Is this the Baltic cruise?  It is amazing.

Since it is really important to you to be with your friends as much as you can, I am wondering what you would think of downgrading yourselves to AQ?  That way you could be together all the time if you wished.  With the money saved, you could treat your friends to some amazing excursions, or the drink pkg, specialty restaurants etc.  (Lawn Club Grill comes to mind).  Spending time up by the lawn is wonderful.  If this is the Baltic cruise, it is a port intensive cruise and you wouldn't really have that much time to enjoy the fabulous penthouse.

I hope I am not upsetting you by thinking so far outside the box, or is it the Penthouse?

Whatever you do, have a wonderful cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic.

17 hours ago, jnik said:

Cruise a holic, Two S2 cabins was not really one of the considered options.  We will either remain as we are currently booked (Penthouse for me and DH, aqua class cabin for BFFs) or we will all share the PH.  The third option of the reflection style suite was only brought to my attention through the helpful replies of the CC members.  We have not yet priced that out, but our hope is that is not much more than the total we are currently committed to paying separately.  Since we have each separately decided what we are willing to spend on the chosen cruise, if a Reflection style suite does become available and the cost is acceptable to all, we will then have that option.    (PS- I had to look up what an S2 cabin was; I am really new to all of this).  I am so thankful that so many have taken the time to pass their knowledge on.

For a comparison, the new Reflection Suite on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Equinox in 2021 is $14,049 PP.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Jnik, you sound like the kind of friends everyone would love to have!  Is this the Baltic cruise?  It is amazing.

Since it is really important to you to be with your friends as much as you can, I am wondering what you would think of downgrading yourselves to AQ?  That way you could be together all the time if you wished.  With the money saved, you could treat your friends to some amazing excursions, or the drink pkg, specialty restaurants etc.  (Lawn Club Grill comes to mind).  Spending time up by the lawn is wonderful.  If this is the Baltic cruise, it is a port intensive cruise and you wouldn't really have that much time to enjoy the fabulous penthouse.

I hope I am not upsetting you by thinking so far outside the box, or is it the Penthouse?

Whatever you do, have a wonderful cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic.

TeaBag,

Thank you for taking time to respond, and the warm welcome.    Downgrading our accommodations was not really a consideration.  I appreciate the out of the box thinking; as I mentioned, we are very new to cruising, and although I have read enough Cruise Critic threads on any board I thought would be helpful, it is not the same as real life experience. 

My DH and I rarely vacation, and when we do, I try to make it as fabulous and stress free as possible.  We love our friends, and traveled well together the one time we did it.  I am looking forward to spending time with our friends, and we will,  regardless of how we have to work that out.  But I am also looking forward to some alone time with my DH.  

We will be on the Scandinavia/St. Petersburg Cruise.